Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Lo Down - Black Dawn by Mallory McCartney

Hey Guys and Dolls,

I've finished two books in the past week, I know I'm seriously on a roll at the moment when it comes to reading. The second book I've finished is called Black Dawn by Mallory McCartney. Again this is another writer I came across on Instagram which I love for things like that. I was so excited when Mallory sent me over her book to review, I haven't actually come across it yet in Ireland and it is so good.
 I literally started this book yesterday and finished it today, I really like how it's quick and easy to read. If I'm being honest I actually couldn't put this book down the story is amazing and is different to books I usually read. The story focuses on the magical and war ridden world of Keiro and three main characters Memphis, Brokk and Emory. To help Emory survive the war and evil king Adair, the boys wiped her memory and transported her to our world where she would indeed be safer.

With no knowledge of her previous, of course Emory is scared when both Memphis and Brokk turn up in her apartment and take her back to Keiro. She doesn't remember who she is and after giving her back her memories she is still pretty confused about the whole situation. She is kinda dropped in the deep end as she is the one they need to defeat King Adair in the Black Dawn rebellion and her powers aren't even fully back yet.

I'm not going to go into too much more detail as I don't want to ruin the story for you all. If you like what you've heard so far I'd definitely recommend picking up this book. It's a light read and if you haven't been reading for a while like me it's certainly a book to get you back into reading. You get transported into their world instantly and there's so many twists and turns. I also have to appreciate the cover of this book it's so eyecatching, I'm a big fan. I really like to book and I hear it's going to be a series so I can't wait to get my hands on the second one when it's released.

Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3