Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Lo Down - Healing Creations by Patricia Fitzgerald

Hey Guys and Dolls,

I'm just a little bit over two weeks into my series and I really hope you've found it enjoyable thus far. I was first given a colouring book from my Dad back when I was in hospital being treated for anxiety and depression a couple of years ago. I seriously wasn't too keen on it at all to start with. I didn't know how colouring was going to help me in my current predicament  but it did. 

Colouring was a release and it was great to see all the magical colours flow on the page. It was very therapeutic and definitely relaxed me. I have a pretty big collection of colouring books, Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts, Dr Seuss and Game of Thrones to name a few. I use them alot and alternate between them depending on my mood to be honest. I am going to do a post on my collection soon which will include my favourites ao certainly keep an eye out for that. I have alot of beautiful ones so its sure going to be a good post.
I was recently sent Healing Creations by Patricia Fitzpatrick from Collins Press and I wasn't disappointed one bit. This gorgeous book is beyond beautiful it contains 40 mandelas that you can colour in. It also has lovely already coloured in mandelas to get inspiration from. I think it's such a great concept, there's even journal pages beside every mandela in there too. For €19.99 I think this is great value as it's amazing and it's hardback too, it would make a lovely gift for someone. I feel having good tools when your colouring is important too e.g  markers and pencils is key cause your finished drawing always looks really good when you do. I tend to use the brand, I feel the range of colours you get in a set and the quality are next to none.
                                  


If you have anxiety or depression or know someone who does I'd recommend checking out some colouring books or even this one as it gives you beautiful quotes and that extra journal space which I haven't saw in any other colouring books that I have so this one is pretty different to others on the market right now.

Healing Creations is definitely one of my favourite mindfulness colouring books I own. This book is beautiful beyond words and if they release another I will definitely be the first to pick it up.

Do you own colouring books yourself? Do you find that they help with your anxiety?

Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3