Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Recent Topshop Makeup Purchases

If you read my birthday post last week, you would of seen a picture of some purchases I made from Topshop's Makeup range. I've read so many blog posts featuring this range especially the nail polishes. There was no better time to treat myself to some new makeup than on my birthday. When I went into Topshop I noticed that there new seasonal collection was launched.  Sisters of the New Moon is the new Spring/Summer makeup collection for 2012. It consists of a magic liner (eyeliner), mascara, two lip products, four nail polishes and last but not least, nail tatoos.

I made a few purchases from this range as I seen so many nice bits and bobs.

Zodiac & Mesmerise
 After seeing lots of pictures online, I'm going to go out on a whim and say Zodiac looks alot like Chanel's Graphite (possible dupe?). I could be wrong as I don't own Graphite, I would love to know your thoughts. Back to the polish, the finish seen above was achieved after just two coats. I can see myself wearing this polish alot I really like it.



Charmed & Crystal
Both lip products from this collection caught my eye. I've been using the lip tint, Crystal alot. I've bought lip tints like this before, that supposedly react to your skin to create the perfect pink shade. To be honest I've never been a fan, the pink that comes out on my lips always makes me look ridiculous. Crystal is different, I adore the finished shade as it's not too bright and looks quite natural. On the other hand I haven't gotten on as well with Charmed. It's a bright tangerine shade which isn't to my liking. I'm not one to wear vibrant lipstick so I feel like this doesn't suit me one little bit. I can't for the life of me remember why I bought it. I'm going try to find some different ways to wear it on the lips.

Innocent
This purchade was from Topshop's permanent makeup range. I saw Innocent on alot of blogs and of course feel in love. When I spotted it in Topshop while browsing, I decided I had to have it. Innocent is a really nice everyday pink shade (can't get enough of them lately). The white packaging does end up looking grubby in my bag, but this is something I can look over as it's such a beautiful lipstick.

Have you tried anything from Topshop's makeup range? What should I get next?

Laura<3

18 comments:

  1. Loving the neon orange :)
    check out my blog http://www.sarahhopemakeup.com/sarahhopemakeup/My_Blog/My_Blog.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not use to wearing vibrant shades, so that was such a brave purchase on my half. At the moment I don't think it suits me too well but I'm trying to make it work:) Oooh I'll check it out now xx

      Delete
  2. I love the new packaging for some of the new products, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the lipstick packaging, it's very pretty. I think the limited edition Topshop packaging always looks nice though. xx

      Delete
  3. how much were the lip tints? :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lip tint was €14. I know its kinda on the pricey side but so nice on the lips xx

      Delete
  4. I have two of their Blushes but have never tried anything else. Some lovely colours here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their cream blushes. I have Flush and Head Over Heel both are so pretty. I fell in love with all the shades, I think that's why I splurged a little xx

      Delete
  5. wow the lipsticks are so so pretty! wish we had topshop in the states xx
    My Blog: Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's why the lipsticks stood out for me in the shop, they looked so nice! Oh no do you not?? xx

      Delete
  6. I want crystal lip stain, such an adorable colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice! The lip tint itself is pink but see through with bits of glitter. I love it! xx

      Delete
  7. Okay looks like Im going to have to pay topshop a visit pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They definitely have nice products in at the moment. I may visit again after pay day:):) Trying to save though lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Topshop makeup range. The lip tint in charmed looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried too much from the range yet. Mostly the lipsticks and cream blushes. I'm liking their nail polishes alot after purchasing Zodiac and Mesmerise. I haven't used Charmed that much. I don't think I pull it off too well. I'm going to try to find different ways to wear it:) xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3