Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January Favourites

It's hard to believe this is my first monthly favourites post of 2012! January went by so quickly because I've been so busy lately. Now February is upon us, one of my favourite months of the year as it's my birthday! I'm not celebrating a big birthday this year as I was the big 21 last year. I don't have anything too extravagant planned, I'm just happy with the time off. I have quite a few products this month I've been impressed by.

Soap & Glory Pulp Friction Scrub
I got this gorgeous product in the Soap & Glory Big Splendour Christmas set. Pulp Friction is a great scrub, I like the way it not only gets rid of dry skin, leaving my skin lovely and smooth but also gives a great lather. Almost like a shower gel and scrub in one as it foams up. I just love the fruity scent.

Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Kalahari
I bought this duo from Asos along with Silk Road in early January. I'm not a big fan of Silk Road as it has a lot of glitter in it which I wasn't expecting. Basically it leaves me with bits of sparkle all over my face. Definitely not a look I was going for. On the other hand I love Kalahari, I use both shades on the lid with darker browns in the crease. I find both shadows in this duo work way better on their own as opposed to together. You can see swatches here.

Bourjois Sweet Kiss Lipstick in Rose Corset
Rose Corset is my first ever Bourjois lipstick. This is such a gorgeous everyday shade, it is a bit on the bright side but I love it. I also think the purple packaging is really pretty!!

Revlon Lip Butter in Cotton Candy
I got some Revlon Lip Butters as a christmas gift from Chie (you can check out her amazing beauty channel here!). We can't get them yet in Ireland, so I was thrilled when she sent me these. When I haven't been wearing my Bourjois Sweet Kiss Lipstick I've been wearing Cotton Candy. My lips tend to get dry, so aswell as moisturising this lip butter gives a great pop of colour. I'm almost out of Cotton Candy so I can't wait to get another when there released here. You can check out my review with swatches here.

MAC Studio Careblend Powder in Medium
I bought MAC Studio Careblend Powder in Duty Free at Dublin Airport in September. As you can see I've hit pan on it. This powder gives a natural even finish to my skin (no cakiness in sight). If your looking for a full coverage powder this isn't it. Studio Careblend has sheer/medium coverage.

Marshmallow Blends Coconut Ice Scrub Bar
I ordered alot of products from Marshmallow Blends at the start of the month and this was one of them. I love this scrub, it smells amazing and lasts for ages. I'm definitely going to repurchase it soon.

Origins Ginzing Eye Cream
I use Origins Ginzing Eye Cream every morning before work. It brightens up my undereye area which makes me happy, as I don't look like I have dark blue bags going to work. I thought this eye cream was quite expensive when I bought it but I've been using it for over a month now and I still have loads left.

Loreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss Eyeliner & Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
I bought these two products straight after Christmas and I've been using them none stop ever since. I don't know how I didn't have both products already. I've been using Loreal's Super Liner everyday since I purchased it. I like how it doesn't budge one bit all day, it's now my new go to eyeliner. I have so many mascaras at the minute I always switch them around. Loreal Voluminous Mascara is the one I've been using the most out of them all over the past few weeks. I have pretty long lashes, so I love how this adds a lot of volume to them without the clumps.

What has made it into your favourites this month?

Laura<3

18 comments:

  1. I really want to try Origins GinZing Eye Cream, good to hear it's doing a good job! Also love the Nars duo, I can't get enough of brown eyeshadows:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really impressed with this eye cream it's great!! I'm the same,I always go for the neutral eye look. I have so many brown eyeshadows in my makeup collection xx

      Delete
  2. I posted my Jan favorites, too! I had a body scrub from Indie Lee, the Zoya anchor basecoat, the elf essentials eyeshadow base, and the tarte blush in natural beauty :)

    I checked out your lip butter swatch and I totally want to pick up sugar frosting. You're gorgeous, btw!! You should post more pics of yourself in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have a look at your January Favourites now!! I've heard such great things about Tarte blushes, unfortunately we can't get them in Ireland!

      I like Sugar Frosting it's such a lovely shade ! Awww thanks Jenn that's so nice of you. I try the lighting in my house is just so bad sometimes, pictures turn out terrible! xx

      Delete
  3. Ah I really want a Revlon lip butter! Haven't seen them in a shop near me yet, hopefully they're on their way!

    ug-lily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there released here either this month or next!! I want to get some more there so nice!! xx

      Delete
  4. I love your favourites, especially the NARS duo!! I really like your blog :D I'm so happy you stopped by mine because now I can also follow yours :D:D!!

    Anca
    http://coralista-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using it so much lately!! Oh thanks hun glad you like it xx

      Delete
  5. Love NARS! <3
    coppergarden.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! This was my 2nd Nars purchase, already in love with the brand. There eyeshadows are great xx

      Delete
  6. I love Pulp Friction too its on my January favourites x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it?? I'm glad I got it in the Christmas Gift Set. I'll be definitely stocking up on it when I run out xxx

      Delete
  7. really want to try the revlon lips butters. great favourites x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so nice can't wait to buy some more when there released here! Thanks hun glad you enjoyed them xxx

      Delete
  8. Cant wait for the revlon lip butters to be available in the UK! I also really want to try that coconut scrub bar, might go and treat myself :)
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I'm certainly going to buy a few more when there launched in Ireland:)...I love that scrub bar it smells so nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are great favorites, love the NARS . thanks for visiting my blog, hope you return soon.

    www.cottoncandyinkbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun... I know Nars have some amazing products hoping to pick more up soon xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3