Sunday, January 8, 2012

More Sale Bits and My Online Purchases!

After finally making it into the Lush Sale on Saturday, I was surprised to see how much of their sale gift sets were left. All there Christmas stock was half price which was really good. When one of the sales assistants told me it was the last day of the Sale, of course I went a tiny bit mad, who wouldn't. I bought two gift sets that I thought were amazing value.


For the price this set contains so many great products. I've never tried Candy Cane and Vanilla Dee-Lite. I've heard so many nice things about the latter so I'm looking forward to using it. After smelling it only once I'm already in love with the scent, very yummy! The tin box everything comes in is super cute, I'll definitely find something to store in this. The Lush staff were so helpful as all of the Christmas Delights Tins on the sale floor were damaged. When they seen this they got me one from the stockroom which was so nice.


Wow!! Twelve products in total in Northern Lights. The reason I went for the two above gift sets is because they both contain shower products which is hard to find. I've tried most of the products in Northern Lights previously bar a few. I like how it contains more Snow Fairy Shower Gel, my favourite! I've enough to last me well into this year. Again I love the box all the products come in, going to use it to store all my Lush goodies. Glows in the dark too which is something you don't see often.


My Mom got me the Buche De Noel Cleanser. Let's be honest this product doesn't look very appealing. Is it even supposed to look like this? I can't say I liked the smell either but it has grown on me a little. I've read so many great reviews on Buche De Noel so I'll  let you know what I think!

While I was in town I also popped into Muji as I wanted to get some makeup storage. After getting new shelves put into my room last year, I wanted to get some storage drawers to organise my makeup into.


I got this set of acrylic drawers. As you can see alot fits into them, just what I needed. I previously purchased a two drawer unit with a flip top lid from Muji so this sits under it perfectly.


This open box came with a divider which leaves me with twelve sections for my lip products and other miscellaneous products. I really like this as it's way easier to find what I'm looking for. If you would like to see a full makeup storage post leave a comment below!

My Asos and Beauty Bay orders arrived! I placed both orders before New Years, but with the holiday post I only received them now.
 

From Asos, I got three Nars products. Unfortunately when I received my order, they had sent me the incorrect eyeshadow duo. The Asos Customer Service team couldn't of been more helpful. Within four days I received the correct eyeshadow duo, Silk Road and I couldn't of been happier. I haven't got a chance to play around with these yet but when I have I'll do a review.


From Beautybay.com, I bought the Original Sin Eyeshadow Primer Potion Duo set. You all know how much I love this product it's been included in so many of my past favourites. My current Urban Decay Primer Potion is almost empty, when I seen this on Beautybay.com a few weeks back I thought it was great value. One tube instore would set me back €20, while this set with two cost me €26.50. Bargain!


Congrats if you made it down this far, I wasn't expecting the post to be so long.

Laura <3

4 comments:

  1. Fab haul. You've done well there :) It'sn great that they swapped the eyeshadow no problem. I'd love to see a makeup storage post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great stuff!! I got the LUSH Pow Wow lip scrub and it's really fun. That cleanser looks yucky...:-)Can't wait to hear what you think. The Nars stuff looks beautiful too. I just love Nars makeup!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post.
    I really wanted to try the Igloo sugar scrub.
    When I was shopping in the LUSH sales it was a toss up between Northern Lights and 12 Days of Christmas gift sets. I ended up getting the latter, but I wish I could have bought both!

    Rather jealous of the Nars products:P I can't justify buying any on a student budget :')

    I'd love to see how you store your make up, I need ideas!

    Makeup for Biochemists

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you did amazing out of the sales, heaps better than me anyway. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3