Friday, February 10, 2012

The Body Shop's Born Lippy Lip Balm Sticks


I love The Body Shop, especially their Born Lippy lip balms. I use to always carry them around in my bag in school and I still do. When I seen they were being launched in stick form I had to have a look. I don't mind using lip balms in pots at all but when I see the packaging on these lip balms I fell in love.


Don't they look great? I love how they look like comic book strips. I think my inner nerd is slowly but surely creeping out. There are six to choose from this range of lip balms. I ended up buying four, Plum, Toffee, Lychee Shimmer and Pink Berry. I know it may be a bit excessive to buy so many but I use lip balms so much as I always have super dry lips. I've come to the conclusion that it's something do with the air conditioning in work.

L2R Plum, Toffee, Lychee Shimmer, Pink Berry

As you can see from the swatches they are all quite sheer. Pink Berry and Lychee Shimmer are almost none existent on the lips, the latter leaving a light shimmer hence the name. All the balms smell like their shade, I really don't like the smell of Toffee (bit too sweet for my liking) but all and all I love these lip balms. I find them so moisturising on my lips which is a must for me. For the price (€3.50), they are a bargain and will have a permanent place in my makeup bag.


When I bought the lip balms I was given these samples, two Chocomania Body Butter sachets, Papaya Shower Gel and Coconut Shimmer Body Lotion. Oh my god that body butter smells amazing!! I'm contemplating getting the full size tub, what do you think?? The Papaya Shower Gel and Coconut Shimmer are also lovely, both scents remind me of holidays for some reason.

Will you be treating yourself to these lip balms??

Laura<3

32 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never seen these before! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review...love body shop... must check out the lip butters! x Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marina:) I love Body Shop too!!! Oh let me know what you think of them:):) xxx

      Delete
  3. those look so cute- i've heard awesome things about the body shop's chocolate line xx

    My Blog: Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they?? I love the comic strip packaging:):) Same I've heard such great things. The scrub looks lovely!! It's my birthday next week so hoping someone gets me something from the range xx

      Delete
  4. hahaha, they actually look so good! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I've been probably wearing that one the most lately:):) xxx

      Delete
  6. Ooh that packaging is lovely! And I always need lip balm :) Not sure on the chocolate though - I've heard good things but I find I tend to hate the smell of 'chocolate' scented stuff after a short time. Might just have to go and attempt to acquire a sample and see how it goes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same I keep a lip balm in my bag at all times, I always have dry lips! You should try to get a sample off them. I usually hate the smell of chocolate products too. After trying the sample, I have to say this doesn't have that awful artificial scent I actually quite like it xx

      Delete
  7. These look lovely, I'm always after new lip balms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy new ones all the time. I run out of them so quickly!! xx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I know don't they?? I'm a big fan of the packaging xx

      Delete
  9. Love the body shop! and i nominated you for The Versatile award!

    http://lovelifeandmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun:):) Oh I'm the same I love their products xx

      Delete
  10. Ah I wish I'd seen these lip balms today! I bought a Chocomania set for £12 containing mini versions of the body butter, body scrub, lip balm and shower cream - can't wait to try them out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There relatively new... I think they were just launched in my local store during the week. Oooh I love the smell of the chocomania range! It's so good!! Hoping to get some stuff from the collection for my birthday:D Oh I didn't see any sets in my shop. The mini one sounds great xxx

      Delete
  11. Packing is really cute, can't believe there only €3.50! Must get my hands on some! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's why I got so many they are such a bargain:):) xx

      Delete
  12. I hsve Tagged you in 11 questions! Please don't feel like you have to do it just passing it on :)

    http://lovelifeandmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-questions-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. The born lippy lip balms looks way too cute to pass up, love the packaging! Definitely going to have to purchase them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging immediately caught my eye too!! It's so nice xxx

      Delete
  14. Pink berry looks such a lovely colour on the stick but shame it doesnt come out on the lips :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, both Lychee Shimmer and Pink Berry are very sheer on the lips!! Plum is probably my favourite xx

      Delete
  15. Never seen these before but they look lovely! The Body Shop have always done great lip balms, I think I might have to pop in for a look at these! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. 790, 11th Cross Rd, 1st Sector, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3