Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Beauty Book Collection!!

This year I'm hoping to take part in a Makeup Artistry course. It's been a line of work I've always wanted to get into for ages. I've always loved makeup, how different products can suit different people and the amazing looks you can come up with.


So in the last little while I've built up a little beauty book collection. I love flicking through them for inspiration for different looks. From reading these books, I get loads of really helpful tips which is a plus.

Some of these books were quite expensive but they were worth the money as there is so much information in them. Are you considering taking part in a Makeup Artistry course?? If yes is your answer, it's a neccessity to get some of these books as they have great tips. There are also step by step guides on how to create certain looks.


 Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual
This book has been in my possesion for so long now. Everytime I look through it I'm still finding new helpful tips. It contains step by step guides on everything from blush application to eyeshadow application. It also has really interesting sections like "Who's Who in Makeup" and if you are already good at makeup there is an "Advanced Section". If you are new to makeup or want to get some more helpful tips, you should definitely check it out.



Making Faces By Kevyn Aucoin
 A while ago I was recommended this book by a MUA at a counter. Making Faces is such a great book to look at for inspiration as the looks created are amazing. I really like how there are before and after pictures of people and how makeup can transform them. There are also step by step guides to creating a tonne of different looks which are accompanied by instructional colour sketches aswell. There are also dozens of fabulous photos of celebrities sporting great looks. This is such a nice book to have in any collection as it just has so much in it.


Face Forward By Kevyn Aucoin
 Shortly after I got Making Faces, I picked up Face Forward. I love this book just to look at the amazing looks created by Aucoin. He transforms celebrities showing how makeup can give anyone a variety of different faces. All the looks in this book are fantastic like Making Faces it gives you a step by step guide on how to create each look. Below is my favourite transformation in the book, Gwyneth Paltrow as James Dean. If her name wasn't written down I probably would never of believed it was her. Would you?



Instyle Ultimate Beauty Secrets 
Instyle Ultimate Beauty Secrets is just full of amazing tips. It's nicely split up into sections ranging from to eyes to lips to face etc. I really like the mini tips in it as their very useful. I think this book is best suited for someone just starting to use makeup as I think the tips are exact and to the point which is good. It's great for someone on the go as they won't have to read too much. I don't think it's available in stores as I bought it on Amazon.


I'm hoping to get more books in the future to add to this collection. The above books are fantastic and I'm glad I purchased them. I really enjoy looking through them now and again. It is definitely worth while picking up beauty books if you are considering starting a makeup course or even if it's just tips your after.

Do you have any of these books in your collection? Any others you'd recommend??

Laura<3

20 comments:

  1. I would totally recommend either of the Rae Morris books - they are awesome, full of useful information, and the photography is stunning!
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll have to check both books out!! Thanks for recommending them xx

      Delete
  2. I got the Jemma Kidd Makeup Masterclass book and I really enjoyed reading it. There are plenty of pictures too. I like the look of the books you have, may have to invest! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've seen the Jemma Kidd book looks really good, may be my next beauty book purchase! You should definitely have a look at them, there great! I'm hoping to do a makeup artistry course soon so these have been really helpful xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I've read the Bobbi Brown book, and it taught me so much. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww your welcome:):) I know that Bobbi Brown book is great, I love it!! Has like everything you'd ever need to know xx

      Delete
  4. I am going to have to get reading some of these!! Especially the Bobbi Brown one!! :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there such good reads.:) I'm thinking of doing a makeup course really soon so they've all been amazing!! There's such helpful tips in the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual and it has amazing photos xx

      Delete
  5. I have never even thought to buy one, but I want all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?? You should definitely have a look at them, they all have really good tips xx

      Delete
  6. I have read all Bobbi Brown books... so love them.... I love the first book of here best!
    Great review!
    xxx Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, glad you liked it:):) I'm probably going to buy more Bobbi Brown books soon this one was great xx

      Delete
  7. I don't own any beauty books. I should probably get one to learn some techniques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely have a look at them. I find the tips really helpful!! xx

      Delete
  8. I don't have any of these books in my collection at all :(! I mainly get all my tips from magazines! I would really like a make up book though, do they have sections on foundation (it's the thing I find most interesting)!xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read magazines to get tips too:D I'd go for the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual as it's broken into sections e.g foundation, blush and eyeshadow application etc. It's really good xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have seriously made me want to go out and get these books now. I think amazon may be getting a vist from me soon.
    Great post.

    Laura xoxo
    http://call-of-beauty-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks glad you enjoyed it hun!! They are really good books, they have some amazing tips xx

      Delete
  11. I have the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual and I agree with what you said, every time I read it there is helpful tips for anyone at any stage of makeup. Such a great book :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love this book so much, it has such great tips xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3