Thursday, October 11, 2012

Slimming World Update #6

I can't believe this is my sixth update, the time has flown by so fast. I'm glad I started these posts as I can always read back on them and see how much I've achieved so far. At the end of this month a half a year will have past since I started the Slimming World program and I seriously couldn't be happier with the results. The last month has been pretty hectic for me, I started college and that has taken up so much of my time. I already have like a million assignments to do, YES I'm being a bit over dramatic but it seems like alot. My days seem much more fuller now, I literally rush from college to work on Mondays and Wednesday, then I have my Slimming World Meeting on Tuesday.  Nearly half my week now consists of college and the rest is left to more work and assignments. I was pretty happy on my way to college last week, I got a text on my phone saying I was Slimmer of the Month for September which is a big deal I guess. When I went to the meeting last night I was given a little fridge magnet that says Slimmer of the Month, I was beyond happy about it and it's definitely going on my fridge. Since my last update I've lost four and a half pound which I'm really happy with, I'm super close to my target now, something that I thought would never happen over five months ago. My Food Optimising book is full up with award stickers now as you can see, I'll have to start using the back now too. Something I've been eating more of this month is salad, which I surprisingly I really like. I was never a vegetable person growing up, I couldn't stand the look of the stuff but now I can't get enough of it. The only thing I don't like about it is the price, it's so much more expensive to eat healthy. I paid nearly €8 for a salad that consisted of lettuce and chicken, how shocking is that. I haven't got in as much exercise as I would of liked over the last month. I did alot of walking when I went to Kilkenny over the weekend, that place is seriously beautiful. It's so relaxing compared to busy Dublin so it was nice to have a break. I did a bit of shopping down there so I may stick up a haul soon. Let me know what you think.

Again I'd like to tell you guys that I'm glad I shared my weight loss journey so far with you, reading back over your comments has actually given me so much more motivation. I seriously can't thank you enough.

Laura<3

13 comments:

  1. Ah congrats on being Slimmer of the Month, you're a fantastic example of sticking to your guns and seeing great results, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I was so happy about it! Hopefully I see you soon at another event xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on doing so well, I'm already into my first month and have started doing updates like this! I actually enjoy going to the meetings and am feeling so much better :)

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emily!! Ooh I'll have to have a look! I'm glad it's working for you, definitely stick to it:) xxx

      Delete
  3. I love reading your updates! It's great that you were Slimmer of the Month, put that magnet up with pride!:) Salads can be delicious! Mix and match different things until you find what you like and they don't have to be hassle to make. One of my favourite go-to quick salads is spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas and balsamic vinegar. It's also easy to make portable if you put it into one of the clip lock lunchboxes! Cheap salad on the go;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment!:)Oh I'm surprised I liked salads to be honest, I would of never imagined eating it 6 months ago lol. I'm definitely be trying your quick salad recipe sounds yummy xx

      Delete
  4. Aw I just started following so this is the first update Iv seen, I joined Slimming World last week, good to see other peoples thoughts on it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sinead. Oh you'll have to keep me updated on how you get on. It is seriously a brill program once you stick to it xxx

      Delete
  5. Congrats :) I've been following your posts for the last few months and your doing brill :) Its hard work but so worth it. I'm struggling at the moment, but your very inspiring :)
    you'll be at your target before you know it :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much hun! I know I found it so hard when I started but now it's not so bad. I'm sure you'll do great love if you need any advice at all let me know. Oh I hope so, I want to reach it by January xx

      Delete
  6. Great post ! i like your blog! maybe we follow each other ? let me know :) greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow congratulations. Dying to see a pic before and after. Please post one so we can see how awesome you look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dee, hope your keeping good haven't seen you in forever xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3