Monday, February 27, 2012

Some Lush Gems...

At this stage you must be fed up of me talking about Lush, I love this brand too much. I  started using their products way before I started blogging so needless to say I've bought alot. I wanted to do this post to show everyone a couple of Lush products I currently love. This is in no order whatsoever, I think each product is equally as good as each other.


Creamed Almond & Coconut Smoothie
Anyone who reads my blog will have heard me mention this product on a number of occasions. I love it! Basically a shower cream, a little bit goes a long way so this tub will last for ages. Creamed Almond & Coconut Smoothie has a really nice vanilla scent which is ironic considering the name of the product. After using this in the shower, my skin is always left feeling so soft. I've repurchased this so many times already. My Mom got me the one I'm using at the moment in the Lush Sale at Christmas, so I'm unsure what the price was. I heard a while ago that Creamed Almond & Coconut Smoothie was being discontinued. It's not on the website, so maybe it has been. I'll check the next time I'm in Lush. If you can get your hands on this I'd definitely recommend it.

Ocean Salt
I haven't had this too long but it has already made it into my favourites. After using this my face is always left feeling really nice and soft. I don't know how this would work on people with sensitive skin as it is a very coarse scrub. I love the smell of this, it reminds me of the seaside, which makes sense as it has sea salt in it. Don't get this in your mouth when your using it, you can probably imagine how horrible tastes. Ocean Salt is available in two sizes, I purchased the smaller of the two as I wanted to see did I like it first. It's safe to say that I'll be certainly repurchasing it.

It's Raining Men Shower Gel
Having only a shower in my house I do tend to buy alot of Lush shower gels, this is the first of my favourites. It's Raining Men started off as a limited edition Valentines product, now it's available all year round. It has a very sweet, floral scent, basically Honey I Shrunk the Kids soap but as a shower gel. The bottle in the picture above is the smallest bottle you can get, I think this one is great for staying in a friend's house.

Snow Fairy Shower Gel
I love Snow Fairy, it's a limited edition Christmas product. I like the idea that it's only available at Christmas time, as I will always know there'll be something I'll enjoy in the range. The shower gel itself has bits of blue glitter running through it which looks very pretty. It's not noticeable after showering which is a good thing as I doubt anyone wants to look like a glitter ball. Snow Fairy have a really nice sweet scent, it's so yummy!! Again the size I have here is the smallest size you can get (100g). I did stock up on Snow Fairy over Christmas so I don't think I'll run out anytime soon.


Sexy Peel Soap
Wow this soap smells amazing. If you tried Snow Globe over Christmas this has a similar scent. It contains a blend of orange, lime and lemon. So as you can imagine it's very citrusy. The soap itself contains fruit rinds which makes it stand out from the other soaps. Sexy Peel is great in the morning as it always leaves me wide awake with it's refreshing scent. It's my favourite Lush soap by far, I love it. My family has also caught on to how nice this soap is. Everytime my Mom's in town she picks it up too. For example during Lush's Christmas Sale my Mom picked up loads of Snow Globe soap, because she knew how much it smelt like Sexy Peel. We still have alot of this soap floating around the house and were coming into March now. Sorry there's no picture but I don't have any at the moment, I'm going to have to get some the next time I'm in Lush. I know Lush Soaps can be quite expensive, but they can cut you off a chunk from the block, Sexy Peel is usually available in gift sets with other products.

What's your favourite products from Lush?? What should I try next??

Laura<3

17 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of their shower gels and the soaps as I also don't have a bath :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I see all their lovely bath products I hate not having a bath. It's nice that they have so many nice shower products though, I love their shower gels in particular xxx

      Delete
  2. I don't have any lush products only one shop in Ireland but Im thinking about ordering some online :)
    The ocean salt looks like na amazing face scrub!

    Do you have any reccomandations on a product I should defiantly order?

    Shannen Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to the one in Dublin quite regularly so I guess I'm pretty lucky:):) I love Ocean Salt it's really nice. If you have sensitive skin I don't know how it would suit you though cause it is very coarse. Hmmm all the products above are my favourites at the moment so I'd recommend them. I haven't tried any of their bath products cause I don't have one in my house. There massage bars are really nice too, I've been using Soft Ceour at lot lately smells so yummy xxx

      Delete
  3. love love love snow fairy. Kinda wish it wasn't only available at Christmas as I don't have any at the moment :(
    Carissa xx

    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same it smells so yummy!! I was given alot of Snow Fairy over Christmas so I have a few left xxx

      Delete
  4. Love 'It's raining men' and 'snow fairy' smell so yummy and last forever! Will have to try the coconut smoothie now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them both too. I can't decide which is my favourite!! Oh if you haven't tried Creamed Almond and Coconut Smoothie you have to try it!! Smells amazing!! x

      Delete
  5. 'snow fairy' is so amazing, i just did a review on the bubblegum scrub that smells just like it, so nice! xx
    My Blog: Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?? Oh I love that lip scrub I just ran out of it this month. Is it in Lush's permanent range of products? xx

      Delete
  6. I've tried "It's raining men* - thanks for that Laura. I loooooooove loooooooove looove it :))) I am so sad that the discontinued the Creamed Almond & Coconut Smoothie....was such a nice smell!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so nice!! I really hope they haven't discontinued it, one of my favourite products! I'm going to check in Lush the next time I'm there xx

      Delete
    2. All i know is that he is definitely not longer available here in Austria. The girl from the lush store told me that lush UK is discontinuing and she was sad too about that :-( maybe they're going to replace the smoothed!?!??

      Delete
    3. Oh no!! I really hope they do!! I love that stuff, if I can find any in my local Lush I'm definitely stocking up on it:):) xx

      Delete
  7. That's exactly what I did Laura :))))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3