Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The Lo Down - My Journey to being more Positive

Hey Guys and Dolls,

Being positive, some people find it so easy to be just that while others find it almost impossible. I was the latter three years ago, I was so negative no one could say anything to me without me having a little hissy fit. It was during my bad mental health stage and most of the time I wanted to spend time on my own which of course wasn't the solution either.  I was beyond down and no one could bring me out of my rut at the time.
Fast forward three years and I'm in a much better place right now. I'm happy, I'm doing exactly what I what I want to do in life, I'm going out with a boy that seriously is my everything and things are just going well in general. It wasn't all that easy to get to this stage I'm telling you, it took hard work and determination on my part. Of course I had alot of support aswell from my family, friends and mental health professionals which was definitely needed.

So how did I become so positive you may ask? Mindfulness helped alot, I'm not going to lie it wasn't for me to begin with. I didn't like it at all and I dreaded going to be my classes but once you get into it it's really helpful. It's all about living in the moment which I don't think we do quite enough at all. I feel much more relaxed when I practice Mindfulness if you can't find a class near you, there's always really good books you can get on it aswell. Next I think it is really important to have like minded positive people around you. When I was being really negative I noticed that a good few of my friends didn't want to be around me which was hard I must admit but I totally understand why now. People don't like when you are negative as it does but a downer on everyone elses day which isn't fair in the slightest. Once I started being positive again all those friends came back and we're way happier to see me back to my old self. So I feel it's really good to be around positive people as nothing beats those positive vibes.

I think it's also really important to do regular activites, if I was sitting around the house all day I would just get more and more inside myself. To beat that I decided to make plans for everyday be it go out for a short walk or hang out with my close friends, both these things for me made such a difference to my life. I also found reading a good book helped me alot. If you sit down with a good book I automatically think you feel happier and you have something to talk to your friends about when you seen them. I think Ruby Wax books are really good. She's an amazing mental health advocate and I found her books interesting as well as really informative.

All in all I feel alot more positive over the past few years it definitely took time and effort but I got there in the end and I'm definitely feeling alot happier which is always a plus.

Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3