Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Current Eye Makeup Removers

After ditching face wipes a while ago, I've been trying alot of different eye makeup removers. Some have been great and others not so much which is the case with just about any product I guess. I have quite sensitive eyes, they've been watering so much at the moment, resulting in my makeup looking a complete mess. The thing that aggravates my peepers the most is when other people do my makeup. Last week I was at a Tom Ford counter looking around at their products, which are unbelievably expensive but I would love to add one of their eyeshadow palette to my collection. One of the makeup artists said I had such lovely long lashes and did I want to try their mascara, I really should of said no. I came away from the counter with my eyes looking scarily blood shot and watering. I met my boyfriend outside and he had to get me tissues from Centra, embarrassing I know. I don't know how my eyes have become so sensitive all of a sudden as this has never been the case before now. I think maybe it started back when I was using face wipes, I'm not too sure if they would have a major effect on my eyes like this though. When I'm out looking for a eye makeup remover in stores I always go for ones that are marketed towards people with sensitive eyes.

I've been using two for the past while and I thought I'd tell you my thoughts. Both products are for sensitive eyes and they have dual action formulas, meaning you have to shake them up before you use them. First up is No7's Beautiful Skin Eye Makeup Remover, it must be said their products can be a bit hit and miss at times. I bought some bit from their skincare range back when they launched their new packaging and I didn't get on with the products at all. I ended up giving the day/night moisturiser to my Sister liked it, so at least it made someone happy. I must admit I don't particularly like the new eye makeup remover packaging, the old one came with a pump so I didn't feel as if I was wasting any product. With this bottle, there's no dispenser so you literally have to pour it on to a cotton pad. This is fine with me, but you end up losing so much product as the opening is huge. I really don't see why they didn't include a pump, it was needed. When I'm rushing home from work to go on a night, I always remove my makeup and redo it, with this eye makeup remover I feel like I've used up so much after doing this. That said the product itself removes eye makeup really well, but as it is a dual action product it does leave that oily film on your skin after use which takes for ages to sink in. If your in a rush and need to do your makeup in a hurry this isn't something you need. With the nifty No7 vouchers, this product comes to around the €4/€5 which isn't the worst for this size eye makeup remover, I just wish it came with a pump it would be so much easier to use. I will be using this up but I won't be repurchasing it again I'm afraid. My favourite of the two is Vichy's Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover for sensitive eyes*. I'm lucky to have tried alot of amazing bits from this brand and I've never been left disappointed. Their waterproof eye makeup remover removes even the most stubborn mascara, indeed I'm talking about Benefit's They're Real. That mascara is amazing, but boy is it a nightmare to get off your lashes. As this is a bi-phase formula, you shake it to activate the ingredients. Vichy is a brand that has alot of scientific research behind their range, this is the brands first waterproof eye makeup remover that limits the loss of eyelashes. The product opening is much smaller so I don't feel at all wasteful with this one. This one doesn't leave your eyelids feeling oily so you can apply your eye makeup right away.The Vichy offering may be a little bit on the pricey side at €13.50 but you do get 50mls more. I'm nearly all out of mine unfortunately, I can see myself popping into the shops on pay day next week and picking up another.

Have you tried any products from these brands?

Laura<3

13 comments:

  1. I haven't tried either of the products. But I wouldnt really try the no7 make up remover due to it's packaging.

    http://beauty-fashion-crush.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not too fond of No7's one at all, but Vichy eye makeup remover is brill you should definitely try it if you get the chance xx

      Delete
  2. Been meaning to try the Vichy Make Up Remover for ages!!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've ditched wipes too! They used to irritate my eyes, and the more attention I paid on my skincare the routine, the more using make up wipes would make my skin sting! I tried my friend's Vichy one when I stayed at hers, it was amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Vichy, pretty much all the products I've tried I've gotten on well with. I know my skin was in bits and it's so much better now that I've thrown away the wipes xxx

      Delete
  4. Really want to try this Vichy one. I'm using Bioderma at the moment but I get through it so quickly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Bioderma yet but I've heard really good reviews on it. I'm the same with micellar solutions, I use them up way too quick it's ridiculous xx

      Delete
  5. There's so much stuff I want to try from the Vichy line! I havn't tried any of these, I use the Botanics one and I think it's AMAZING - removes all super stubborn waterproof mascara like a dream x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should try their lip balm, I love it. I'm probably going to do a review on it soon. Ooh I haven't tried anything from Botanics I'll have to give this a go xxx

      Delete
  6. Hopefully this could be a dupe for bioderma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Bioderma yet so I can't compare, I've heard very good things though xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3