Sunday, August 5, 2012

Magic Moments in Manchester

As you all know by now, I arrived back from Manchester last Sunday. I've been to this wonderful city twice already and I'm in love with it. There's so much to do and see over there compared to Dublin which is a serious plus. I went for 10 days in total and I certainly squeezed alot into that period of time. First and foremost I went to Manchester for a PR Internship. It took place over five days so realistically it was more like work experience per se. I wish I had of worked for a longer period of time as I had such a ball. The people were lovely and over the five days I got a great insight into what I want to do in the future. The hours were indeed long (8.30-5.30), but they actually flew by too fast. I may be heading back to college in September now to study PR & Marketing which I'm rather excited about so as they say watch this space.

When I first arrived in Manchester on Friday I was joined by my lovely Mom. Having never traveled to England herself, when I mentioned I was going she jumped at the chance to come for the weekend too. The hotel we stayed in was the MacDonald Manchester Spa Hotel. It was really nice, even though it was a bit of a trek away from the City Centre itself but this didn't bother us in the slightest.The weather was a dream for the full ten days I was there which couldn't of been better. My Mom and I spent most of are time shopping, there will be a post up on what I bought soon. She loved the Arndale and The Trafford Centre. Everyone we met were nothing but nice to us. The three days she came for went by so fast so when Sunday came I was left on my own. This was a completely new experience for me, even though I know Manchester quite well it felt different in a way as I had no one there with me. I really don't know how the rock stars do it at all, I'd miss everyone too much.

When Wednesday came around, my boyfriend Paddy arrived over from Dublin. I couldn't of been happier to see him. We had lots of stuff planned for the remainder of my trip. The first of which was the Olympic football in Old Trafford. To say security there was tight is definitely an understatement but once that was dealt with everything was plain sailing from there. For £35 we got to see two games, UAE vs Uruguay and Team GB vs Senegal. I like my football so I really enjoyed both games alot and it's nice to be able to tell people I seen a Olympic game I suppose. What I didn't like were the horrible crowds after the match it was such a nightmare walking home. We both did alot of shopping between us as everything seems so much cheaper in England. My favourite shopping centre is the Trafford Centre. I've seriously seen nothing like it over here. If you live in Dublin the only thing I could describe it to is Dundrum Town Centre and at that it's about five times the size and much nicer.

The day before we came home, Paddy treated me to my Morrissey ticket. Being honest before Paddy mentioned this concert I'd heard very little about the singer and never listened to his music. On the day of the gig, we went into town early as it was practically are last full day in Manchester. One of our destinations was the Museum of Science and Industry, if your ever in the city you should definitely take a visit as there is so much to do and see. It's very interesting altogether and I'm glad we went. After killing a few hours in town, we headed into the MEN Arena to see Morrissey. I've been to this venue once already to see Taylor Swift almost two years ago, it's one of my favourites. The concert was brilliant, I enjoyed every minute of it. For someone who didn't know Morrissey before the gig I definitely knew who he was when I left. That man has no filter, I think that's why I liked him so much cause he says what he thinks and doesn't care about people reactions. I said to my boyfriend we'd see him again if he played in Manchester as we both loved the gig. 

I'll probably be heading back to Manchester before Christmas so if you know of any places Paddy and I should visit while we're are there let me know in the comments.

Laura<3

12 comments:

  1. A british football game is something I have ALWAYS wanted to experience. Adore the pick of you and your mum, gorgeous x

    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much hun:) It was my second time going to a game the atmosphere was immense xxx

      Delete
  2. Aww sounds like a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had such a amazing time hun:) I seriosuly want to go back again xx

      Delete
  3. Have you heard of Aflecks Palace? I used to live in Manchester and went there all the time. Thats my recommonendation!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip sounded magical! Can't wait to see your haul! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had such a ball, I'm going to try to get the haul up very soon xx

      Delete
  5. Omg I love Manchester!!! I've been there a few times now and am dying to go back. I actually feel tied to the place lol I'm from Galway btw :) Please check out my blog xox thanks huni xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful city isn't it?? I've been three times now and I really want to go back again soon xx

      Delete
  6. i live in manchester for half the year for uni! I love it :D You HAVE to check out Hey Little Cupcake in Spinningfields! Its amazing! Though maybe not slimming world friendly its worth allowing a treat for! http://www.heylittlecupcake.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely city altogether isn't it? Oh I may have to treat myself the next time I'm in Manchester this place looks yummy xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3