Sunday, August 12, 2012

MUA Going For Gold Palette

Like alot of people my eyes have been glued to the telly watching the games for the past few weeks. My favourite sports to watch were the Athletics, Boxing and Swimming. I think this is the only year I've actually watched the Games as much as I have. I was lucky enough to attend a Team GB football match while I was in Manchester last month and the atmosphere was intense. It's something I'll remember for a long time. With the closing ceremony of the Olympics on tonight, I thought it was about time I did a post featuring this gorgeous palette. Inspired by the London Olympics, MUA's Going For Gold palette* contains twelve eyeshadows in a range of gold, silvers and bronze shades. Different to other MUA palettes, the shadow pans are square and not circular which makes the amount of product you get a bit bigger.

At first I wasn't too sure if this palette was for me. It contains some eyeshadows that I wouldn't usually wear on my eyes but surprise surprise some of them actually worked. All the eyeshadows are well pigmented bar the top and bottom two on the far left. I had to heavily swatch them both so you could even see them in the photos above. Don't let these two eyeshadow put you off as it's actually a gorgeous palette that I myself have been more than impressed with. At first I was scared that the two vibrant gold shades would look a right mess on me but they blend beautifully on the eye lid, so I couldn't be happier with them both. My two favourite eyeshadows from the palette are on the bottom row, second shades to the left and right. I have been using them both alot, the light shimmery gold on the lid with the bronze in the crease, they make a gorgeous everyday look. I wouldn't choose this over Heaven & Earth or Undressed, but it's still a lovely addition to their range. I do think this was another wonderful idea from MUA and like the other palettes at £4 you can't go wrong at all. As far as I know Going For Gold is Limited Edition so snatch it up while you still can.



Will you be trying the Going For Gold palette?

Laura<3

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Palette, love the colours!

    http://eabhaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually nicer than I thought it was going to be. I was pleasantly surprised xxx

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous palette and I love the colour selection within it :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely different to their other palettes (Undressed/Heaven & Earth), but it works really well xx

      Delete
  3. Love the eyelook, gold shadows are amazing!
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got loads of other MUA products but no eyeshadows though this one does look pretty nice. Anything I've ever gotten from the brand was really reasonably priced so might try these out :)

    www.plhfaisean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's what I love about their products, they don't break the bank xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3