Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Vaseline Limited Edition Lip Therapy Blogger Challenge

Over the past few weeks a couple of bloggers and myself took part in a challenge. We were sent out a plain tin of Vaseline Lip Therapy with a mystery limited edition flavour. Our mission if we chose to accept, was to figure out what the flavour was exactly. This was harder than I was expecting it to be, after looking over the hints for a good part of a week I finally came up with my answer. Sparkling Pink Champagne, here's how I came up this. Firstly I'll show you the clues we were all given.

candle=sparkling, a balloon=pink and champagne truffles=champagne

I love this new flavour, it tastes super nice like pink grapefruit, it's definitely up there with my favourite Vaseline Rose Lip Therapy. I'm sure it will go down a treat when it's launched, sure everyone likes a bit of bubbly now and again.The challenge wasn't over yet, our next mission was to design and decorate our own tin. I was really excited about this aspect of the challenge as it's something I've never done before. When it came to designing my tin, I wanted it to look like something I'd buy myself if I seen it sitting on a shelf. Along with the tin I got sent alot of little cute decorations to use. First I decided to use both pink and gold glitter, I mixed them together to get a nice rose gold shade which I put all over the centre of the lid. I love this colour, must admit I'm a bit obessed with it at the moment. Around the edges I used a couple of pink hearts of different shades, I thought they were so pretty and I didn't want to leave them out. Along with bright pink star in the center, I put tiny little beads in each mini heart. Bordering the tin I used an assortment of pink and silver gems to finish the design. What do you guys think??

That's not all I have to tell you guys, if I guessed the flavour correctly and my design skills wow the Vaseline folk, not only do I win a trip to Paris, I also get the same trip to give away to one of you lucky people. I have only been to this beautiful city once back in 2003, which seems like years ago now so it would be so amazing to get the opportunity to go again. What's even better is being able to give one away to you guys, you are all lovely and so supportive. If you would like to get your hands on this new Limited Edition Vaseline Lip Therapy they launch in a weeks time (5th September) in Selfridges. At £3.49 you can't really go wrong, they last forever and I always have one in my handbag. If you want to hear more about Vaseline and their new releases you can check out their facebook page here.

What new flavour would you like to see Vaseline Lip Therapy come out with next?

Laura<3

10 comments:

  1. So cute! Are they going to launch them here in Ireland?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know isn't it? The flavour is so nice too. I think it will be like Creme Brulee where it will be rolled out into our stores eventually. I hope it does anyway, I want to stock up xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Your design is super cute and I would definitly buy it just for the tin lol! Fingers crossed you win!

    Em

    x

    Em's Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Em I'm glad you like it. I know it would be unreal if I did and being able to host a giveaway for you guys too is amazing xxx

      Delete
  3. Can I buy your tin?! It's so freaking pretty!! Hmm pink champagne sounds gorgeous! Fingers crossed you're heading to Paris!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh we'll have to see!! Oh it tastes so nice reminds me of pink grapefruit it's probably my favourite Vaseline. Aww I really hope so it would be a dream xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a cute idea, well done vasaline!!
    Hopefully it comes to Ireland:)

    http://lolarose1.blogspot.ie/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?? I had such a good time designing the tin, I'm glad it turned out well. I hope so I know they usually do but it takes a while for them to roll out in our stores xx

      Delete
  5. Omg your design is amazing what a great post, I hope you win good luck!!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks hun that means alot:) Oh I really hope so it would be such an amazing trip, it would be a dream come true xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3