Sunday, August 12, 2012

Diet Coke By Jean Paul Gaultier Tour

I'm a big music lover, so when I was asked to DJ at the Diet Coke Jean Paul Gaultier Tour Bus on Saturday I jumped at the opportunity. There was numerous stops all over Ireland on the tour, with Dun Laoighre being the last. I was lucky enough to go along to the launch of the tour bus last month with my friend Sinead, so I had a good idea of what the layout was going to be like. The weather couldn't of been nicer on the day the sun was shining down which made for a lovely Summer atmosphere. I love Dun Laoighre as you could probably tell from lots of my vlog style posts, I'm always out there so it was nice that it took place on the East pier. When I first was asked to DJ this event the first person I thought of was my brother Ger, he's going to be doing a Music Production course in college in September so I knew it would be his sort of thing. I'm glad I brought him along with me as he knew exactly what he was doing, even though I knew the song choices I chose were probably not his cup of tea. He's more of a Crass and The Sex Pistols kind of guy and I put One Direction and Rihanna on the CD, so you can understand why it wasn't his sort of music. It wasn't an issue in the end as Ger had such a blast and even ended up singing along to some of the tunes himself. Typical me I left it kind of last minute making the set music on Friday night, so I was happy everything went off without a glitch. All the songs I put on the CD were songs that I love and listen to all the time on my Ipod, with some new stuff in there also. One of my favourite songs of the moment is Marina & the Diamonds Primadonna, what a song I love it. I may have to treat myself to her new album, I loved the first so much and it was constantly on repeat on my Ipod. I took only a few pictures on the day as Ger isn't the most photogenic person in the world.


Laura<3

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing opportunity! So jealous! x

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we had such a ball it was amazing:) I'd love to do it again xx

      Delete
  2. Wow you lucky thing!! Beautiful dress by the way you're looking the biz:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun:) I had such a great time, the nice weather made it great too. Oh I got that dress in New Look I love it xxx

      Delete
  3. Dude! How exciting!!!! It looks like such a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant hun, had such a good time xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3