Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Body Shop Deluxe Body Butter Tin

While I was in Manchester last month I did a hell of alot of shopping. I was going to do a big haul post showing you guys what I bought and what not but in the end I decided not to. I didn't want to be bombarding you with picture after picture of stuff I got, I know some may find it a little boring. I'd much prefer to do reviews on the things I love as it means I can give a more indepth view on the product which I can't really do in a haul.

One of the purchases I was most excited about was this gift set from The Body Shop. I went to the store in the Trafford Centre but there are tonnes dotted all over Manchester. I was drawn towards this particular gift set right away as not only is it really great value but I also got to choose what I wanted in it. I got to pick any three body butters I wanted out of the range and they put them all into this gorgeous gold metal tin. I don't know if this was a year round offer or not but in my opinion it's definitely worth checking out. I've never seen it in Dublin so it may just be a special promotion in the English stores. There were also mini body butters available in a smaller tin which was so cute. I decided on the bigger tin in the end, 3 body butters for £20 how could you wrong. The only problem I had was fitting it into my suitcase coming home. Before my Mom left for Dublin she told me to leave it in the hotel, could I ever? No is the right answer, I just think it's such a handy size tin especially great for holding these body butters.

You may be wondering what body butters I got, Mango, Pink Grapefruit and Shea made up my three. Two of which have the new packaging which looks lovely. I like how it shows a picture of the key ingredient in the body butter. All the old body butters had so much writing on the lids which then in turn looked very cluttered. There's neat writing around the sides of the new tub saying what skin type it's for and the scent which is a nicer change. Out of the three I bought, Mango and Shea are my favourites, I really can't decide which one I like more. I've heard that the Body Shop are bringing out a new Peach range, I love anything that has this scent so I can't wait to try some bits from the range when it's out.

What's your favourite body butter scent? Do you like the new packaging?

Laura<3

18 comments:

  1. Mango, Shea and Satsuma! Can't decide which one I love them most :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to decide isn't it?? They all smell so good xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow i didn't know this existed such a great idea! & I know exactly what you mean about haul posts sometimes its just too hard to show everything & you don't want to look like a show off!!

    Lovely post :)

    http://lolarose1.blogspot.ie/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's such a good idea, I wish we could get it in Ireland. Yeah I think not doing the haul post worked out the best in the end, I just didn't want to drone on about too much about products I hadn't even tried yet. I prefer to do that in reviews xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow I love the idea of this tin, and I think the new packaging is simple yet really cute :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the simplicity of the product packaging too. I like how it let's the product do the talking xx

      Delete
  4. This is so cool! Mango, Sweet Lemon and Coconut are my favourites :) I'm not too keen on the new packaging tbh x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't tried Sweet Lemon yet, that will be next on my list. Yeah it seems to be getting mixed reviews alright but I quite like it xxx

      Delete
  5. I've got to admit, I prefer the old packaging. My favourites are Raspberry and Mango. Mmmm I could do with a new Mango actually - seeing this post has given me memories of the scent!!

    -Alice
    shinyprettythings-alice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah alot of people seem to like the older packaging, I dunno there's just something about the new one I really like. OH do they have a Raspberry one?? I'll have to get this when I run out of one of these sounds amazing!! xxx

      Delete
  6. Three body butters for £20?! Aren't they like £12 each or something? What a bargain. I love that you can choice too. I think I'd go for all of the fruity ones! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure of the individual prices, but yeah it was a special offer on in their Trafford Centre too. It was too good to pass by so I had to get a few. I ended up getting them as they were such good value and I could choose what I wanted. The latter is what finally pushed me to buy them xx

      Delete
  7. I love the new packaging, The Body Shop need to do something new as I was getting bored of their products :)

    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it?? Some of the new products they have out at the moment are beautiful. I love the Lily Cole makeup range xx

      Delete
  8. What a cute little set! The tin would be perfect for jewellery or makeup storage too xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably use it for makeup or for storing more body butters!!:):) xxx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I know I couldn't pass it by even though it took up a hell of alot of room in my suitcase xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3