Friday, August 17, 2012

Random Bits and Pieces for my Room

Having a average size room like mine means if you don't clean it regularly it ends up looking quite a mess. I had a massive clearout recently, first the clothes went followed swiftly by lots of makeup products I haven't been getting much use out of. Both went to good homes, the latter going to my friends who couldn't be happier. Now that my room is looking all spruced up and clutter free, I've been looking out for nice unusual bits to put on empty shelves. If you know where to look it's easy to find nice things, I figured this out quite fast. I bought most of the stuff in this post in Meadows & Byrne and Moss Cottage. The latter is one of my favourite shops to go to, there are always gorgeous one off vintage bits which I love.

I've been going through a bit of a phase where I just buy things when I like the look of them. I may not know what I'm going to do with them at the time of purchase but in the end I always find some use for them. That can be said for two out of the four purchases, on the bottom left hand side you can see the set of five mini vintage glasses. At €14.95 for the whole lot, it wasn't the worst price imaginable. When I seen them at first in Moss Cottage I enquired about the "five egg cups", I was told to my embarrassment they were infact shot glasses. Can you tell I literally never drink? Again I bought the pink and orange glasses on a whim but I know what I'll be using these for. I was thinking of maybe putting them on my bedside to store my lipbalms and eyecreams I use at night. The other two items in this picture were bought in Meadows & Byrne in Dun Laoighre, I had never been to this shop previously but I'll be certainly going back again soon. I wanted to buy a pretty notebook to jot blog stuff in and I thought this one would be perfect. For €4.95 I couldn't really go wrong, it has lined paper also which is a must for me. For some reason I can never write on plain old blank paper, it just doesn't feel right. The Avoca soap is the odd one out, I didn't really need it to be perfectly honest. Paddy was telling me how nice it smelt the whole time I was in the shop, of course in the end I bought. I wasn't too happy that it was the same price as the notebook.

Here are some storage pieces I bought a while ago now. I just thought I'd include them in the post to show you what I've been using them for. In the top pictures are two jars I got in Moss Cottage, I actually picked up two more larger jars as they as are so handy to store stuff. I've been putting products that I'm using constantly at the moment (Revlon Kissable Balm Stains) in these and also bits that I'm hoping to review soon. My favourite purchase for a long time has been this gorgeous shelf from Urban Outfitters. The minute I seen it I fell in love, I knew it would look perfect in my room and fit in nicely with everything. I've been using it to store my mini Laura Mercier Body Souffles and random perfumes. I'm glad I purchased this gem, it has definitely made more space on my shelves while still looking neat and tidy.

Where do you pick up your storage bits for your room?

Laura<3

8 comments:

  1. I NEED a Laura Mercier Body Soufflé! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, I got this set of four minis in House of Fraser for €30 such a bargain. Creme Brulee and Creme de Pistache are my favourites, they both smell amazing!! xx

      Delete
  2. Gift boxes from presents make great storage pieces- i keep jewellry in them or put them in my bathroom for products i keep in there! I also keep my make up organised by using take-away boxes i bought from a discount store!
    Becky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There such good ideas, I've been looking for new ways to store my jewellery xxx

      Delete
  3. Your room is absolutely gorgeous, better organised than mine.
    Um, if you get beauty boxes they make great storage. Cheap make up bags (especially from supermarkets at the moment) or pencil cases are awesome.

    daily-hoot.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky:) I really want to sign up for a beauty box I've just never gotten around to getting one. I've seen alot of people using them for beauty product storage too which I think is a brilliant idea xxx

      Delete
  4. what cute little bits and bobs! This has made me wanna re-decorate :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3