Sunday, August 19, 2012

Summer Must Haves/Essentials #4 - Fragrances

For me, Summer is the best time of the year to experiment with new fragrances. I've welcomed a couple of new ones into my collection this year. Along with one old favourite, I have four fragrances in all that I've been loving over the last few months. I'm big into my scents and love discovering new ones but downright useless at explaining what there like so bare with me on that.

I thought I'd start off with my old favourite, YSL Elle Summer Edition (2011), I've had this fragrance for a year now and I'm in love with it. The brand releases Summer Editions every year I'm pretty sure the scent stays the same, the packaging itself is the only thing that changes. I've tried YSL's original Elle fragrance before and to be quite honest I much prefer this. It has a lighter scent which can be worn anytime of year especially during the Summer months. At 90ml, the bottle is huge, no wonder it took me over a year to finish. I still have a decent amount left but I never tend to bring the bottle out in my bag, it would take up far too much space. For problems like this I use my handy Travalo, which has been a lifesaver when I'm going on holidays or when I don't want to be carting around enormous fragrances. Not that it's a bad thing when you get a 90ml fragrance for such a good price, I think this was around the €50 mark. One of my favourites from the bunch I have chosen is Roger & Gallet's Sublime Or Fresh Fragrant Water*. I've given this alot of love over the Summer, as you all know I adore citrus scents so this is certainly a winner there. Besides that it also have a lovely subtle gold shimmer which looks amazing over tan. The bottle design is beautiful which is another must for me, I'm like a magpie I'm attracted to pretty things. Unless they smell amazing then I don't really care all too much. This also comes in a body creme if that's more your thing, they both have the same gorgeous scent so you won't be missing out.

Having bought these two whilst on holiday, they are the latest additions to my fragrance collection. I'm in love with them both so they had to be included in this post. First up is Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck, I've wanted this ever since it was released in the States. I'm such a big fan of hers, I've seen her twice in concert already. Both times Paddy was dragged along with me but he enjoyed the concert, Taylor Swift puts on the most amazing stage productions that your left enchanted by. We are so far behind in Ireland, Wonderstruck was only released in stores in July which is a bit of a joke. I was lucky because the lovely Chie (MakeupLand2011) sent me the rollerball of this in one of our recent swaps. I fell in love with Wonderstruck instantly, it's such a nice sweet floral scent, how could anyone not like it. Another thing I adore is the pretty purple bottle, it's like nothing in my collection. I saw online recently that Taylor Swift is bringing out a new fragrance, Wonderstruck Enchanted. I know I will be waiting a while to get my hands on this, but it will definitely be worth it. My first ever Jo Malone fragrance was my biggest splurge back when I went to Manchester. I bought this fragrance before I even left Dublin, Jo Malone have a standalone store in Terminal 2. Taking a visit there was on my list of things to do in Terminal 2, their fragrances can be pretty expensive here, the 30ml handbag size can set you back €50. I've wanted one for a while so when I seen they were €37 in Dublin Airport, I couldn't say no. I chose their Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne which is also the scent I've been lusting after for ages. The lady was so nice at the counter, she knew it was for me and she still wrapped it up perfectly. A nice surprise for myself! The fragrance itself is a nice mix of sweet and fruity notes, everytime I use this I smell something different, now I get a peachy scent. That's probably why I was drawn to this in the first place, I love peaches. This fragrance does last pretty much all day long so I can't fault it at all. I would probably use this everyday if I could, but seeing as it's a bit on the pricier side of things, I'll be using this on special occasions. My Mom is going away in September and I already know what one I'd like her to pick up for me, English Pear & Freesia. It's my second choice out of their  vast range of scents. I need to stop this love affair with expensive fragrances or I will be broke much sooner than I think.

What has been your favourite fragrances this Summer?

Laura

14 comments:

  1. Great post hun, I really want to get my hands on the Taylor Swift fragrance, been saving at the moment so haven't been able to buy it. I adore the packaging of the bottle, and love that they offer the rollerball version as sometimes you don't always get through a whole bottle :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlee!! Oh it's such a nice perfume, I wanted it for a while too. I can't believe it took so long for it to be released in Europe, definitely worth the wait though in the end. I think the rollerball fragrances are only available in the States, I was lucky that Chie sent it to me xxx

      Delete
  2. I work in The Perfume Shop, so have the luxury of being able to smell pretty much everything that we stock! :D

    My favourite scent this summer has to be either Juicy Couture Peace, Love and Juicy or Prada Candy. Mmmmm.

    I love the bottle of Taylor Swift one and love how pretty and girly the scent is :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that would be my dream job, seriously I'd love to work in a perfume shop. I'd just smell everything all day. Oh Peace, Love and Juicy is the only Juicy fragrance I've yet to try. I love their range so I'm sure I'd like this:) I'll have to try it the next time I see it. On the other hand I absolutely love Prada Candy that perfume smells amazing. The Taylor Swift bottle blew me away, I really wanted it the first time I seen it online xxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They have such an amazing range of fragrances, I can't wait to get my next one xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I definitely enjoy using the Summer Edition OF Elle it has a much lighter scent. Perfect for the Summer months xxx

      Delete
  5. I love the YSL bottle! Going to take a look at that next time I see it!

    And I love Taylor too, I've met her a few times in the past. Hoping to get that perfume soon :)


    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should it's such a nice fragrance, I'm in love with the Summer Edition. Oh really that's amazing, how did you meet her?? xx

      Delete
  6. I have one YSL perfume, Elle. It's my favourite perfume ever! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same it's the only YSL fragrance I've tried too. I've heard lovely things about Parisienne so I really want to try that next xxx

      Delete
  7. Wait you guys just got Wonderstruck? I got the as a birthday present last christmas! Jeeze! I absolutely love the smell and the bottle. If only I could find a purple holo nail polish as beautiful as the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know were so far behind it's ridiculous. I know I'd love to have a nail polish in the same shade it's such a gorgeous colour. I think this perfume was well worth the wait in the end xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3