Monday, August 27, 2012

Kiehl's Launch in Arnotts

This morning I braved the horrible weather to attend the launch of the Kiehl's boutique in Arnotts, their first Irish department store home. Being a brand that I love, I was super excited to get invited to this event. I'm a big fan of their Creme De Corps Whipped Soy & Honey Souffle. I've been using it none stop since I bought the stuff and it smells amazing. I featured it one of my Summer Must Haves/Essentials posts a while back if you want to see what the product is like.The location of their boutique is great, it's just as you walk into the Arnotts Beauty Hall on the right, you can't miss it. We were welcomed into the store at half  8 and greeted by the lovely counter manager Donna, who knew her stuff about each and every product. I only found out today that Kiehl's have their own recycling program, if you bring back empty products to the store you get stamps on a card. After your first two stamps you get a luxury sample and if you fill up the card you get a full sized cleanser which is pretty sweet in my opinion. I don't know why I'm only finding out about these amazing programs now. Kiehl's also have a "try before you buy" policy which means if your not sure about the product while your in store they'll give you a sample to take home. I think this is a super idea as I hate nothing more than rushing into purchase which leads me onto their 100% money back guarantee. Kiehl's put a lot of trust into their products and so they should, I've bought may products from the brand and I've never been left disappointed. On the other hand if you haven't gotten on well with the product you can bring it back to the store which is a policy that not many stores have. After chatting to Donna about the products we went up and had breakfast in Clodagh's Kitchen which is a gorgeous restaurant that offers the most amazing handmade food. There was a choice between scones and croissants with yummy homemade jam, I decided to be bold and had the latter which taste so good.

After having some light breakfast I went back downstairs to the Kiehl's boutique, where Donna gave me a touch consultation which I found very interesting. I was recommended quite a few products from their range so I can't wait to pop in after I get paid. I already have my eye on the Midnight Recovery Concentrate and Eye Cream, they both sound amazing. When I was working in Molton Brown, one of the girls in Kiehl's across the way told me how Lea Michele came into their store and bought two bottles of this when the Glee Tour came to Ireland. If it's good enough for her it's good enough for me, I doubt I'd have the funds for two bottles though.

Is Kiehl's a brand your familiar with? What products have you tried?

Laura<3

12 comments:

  1. awww man why did i read this post !!! im broke as it is lol

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same and I seen so many bits I want to buy when I get paid on Friday xx

      Delete
  2. Raging I had to miss this morning, Laura. Pesky work! I'm sure Kiehl's will do amazingly in Arnott's. I adore them, always have. Their Creme de Corps is second to none and the Soy Milk & Honey range is to die for x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah their location in the store is brill. Oh don't get me started on the Soy Milk & Honey range, I love the whipped body butter to bits. It smells amazing xxx

      Delete
  3. I love the old timey look of the place.. raging i had to work
    :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love it too, it makes it feel so homely xx

      Delete
  4. Ooooo this looks lovely :)
    I've never tried their products, but Ive been into my local store and its sooo nice!
    I am no seriously craving croissants too :')

    Makeup for Biochemists

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun:) I love the layout in their stores too it's so pretty!! Oh I was the same, I had one and they tasted so good lol xx

      Delete
  5. Sad I missed it :( I need to try this honey and soy milk stuff! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I missed you there! Oh Dee you have to it smells amazing works wonders on dry skin, definitely one for our next shopping trip xx

      Delete
  6. I keep hearing loads of things about kiehls but never actually tried any! Not sure my local department stores even sell it as they're only small really! It's definitely a brand I want to try though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever see their products, try the honey and soy milk range, it smells so nice. I haven't tried much from them either but I can definitely vouch for that range xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3