Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Empties

Sorry I haven't blogged in quite a bit, most of you know I've been away in Manchester. I only got back on Sunday and life has definitely been hectic over the past two days, having a bit of free time on my hands I've decided to pop up my empties post for July. Alot of people on Twitter said they'd like to see a haul post featuring what I bought while I was in Manchester so I'll try to get that up shortly followed by a vlog style post telling you guys what I got up to over the nine or so days. On to my empties, the layout I've been sticking to over my past empties post has been working for me pretty well so I'll be continuing with this format from now one. During the month of July, I've finished alot of haircare and shower products mostly, looking over my last couple of months empties post I can certainly see trend forming as I consistently use them up.

I'm going to start with the haircare products I've finished this month. The first two are the Deep Conditioner and Full Body Shampoo from John Frieda's Full Repair range. I absolutely love the shampoo and I've already repurchased it. I use it alongside the Full Repair conditioner which I never seem to run out off. The shampoo gives a great lather, I know this is caused by sulphates and the like but I need my shampoo to do this. I just don't feel like my hair is clean otherwise. I'm undecided if I like the Deep Conditioner or not, it doesn't way my hair down like alot can but I did use this up really quickly. Maybe I was using too much who knows, it did leave my hair looking lovely and soft though which I can't complain about. I can remember this being kind of expensive so it remains to be seen if I'll repurchase this again. I finished my Scwarzkopf  Guardian Angel heat protector this month. I've had this stuff for ages, not going to lie when it came to using this sometimes I'd forget. It's probably why it's lasted so long. It is a good product and it does come in a fairly big bottle so I'll definitely be picking up another one of these soon.

As I only have a shower in my house I do fly through a lot of products. If I leave them in there they may disappear even quicker. Again I've finished another three shower bits. I'm going to start with the one I liked least, Kiehl's Creme de Corps Nuturing Body Washing Cream. I'm a big fan of the original Creme de Corps body moisturiser but I just wasn't feeling this product at all. It would be great for people who dislike scented body washes, it just wasn't for me at all I like when my shower products smell good. Don't get me wrong though it does moisturise your skin so it does its job, I just wished it smelt nicer. Also €10 for this size product as well is a bit excessive in my opinion so I won't be repurchasing this anytime soon. On to two products that I love and are repurchases for me. I love all Soap & Glory scrubs, especially this one in particular. It has such a beautiful scent that is right down my street. The fun packaging ticks all the boxes for me too. My other favourite is L'occitane Almond Shower Oil. This stuff is amazing, it leaves you skin so smooth and smelling lovely. The eco friendly refill I used up fills  two of the 250ml bottles. I made a bit of a saving buying this too as opposed to buying repurchasing one 250ml. If you haven't tried this stuff yet your missing out.

I've had both of these primers for an age so it's certainly been a relief to finish them up. I got them both in sets with other products a while ago. I've heard alot of things about them so I couldn't wait to give them a bash. After using up these two samples sizes, I can honestly say there's nothing too special about them. At a push if I had to buy one I'd go for Smashbox's Photo Finish primer, maybe I'd try the oil free version though. For the price that both these products are I'd have to be a 100% percent sure that I liked them before I bought them and that's really not the case at all with these two products. My primer of choice at the moment has got to be Too Faced's Primed & Poreless, it's not the cheapest around at €27 but I've nothing bad to say about it. I need to use a primer before I apply my makeup as I do have quite oily skin and this does the job perfectly. I was really excited to try both of these primers so I'm disappointed I didn't like them too much.

I finished four products whilst I was in Manchester. I already bought a backup for my YSL Touche Eclat in Dublin Airport before I ran out completely. It's much better value to buy some high end brands there as you do make quite a saving. I'll be talking about more of the bits I bought on holidays in my haul post. I got my tan done while I was in Manchester as there was a Spa at my hotel. It turned out nice but I still had to rush out and buy a scrub to get rid of some unwanted tan. Not that there was too much. The scrub I got was Superdrugs own brand Pomegranate and Cranberry. I didn't particularly like this too much. It did its job but the artifical scent was sickly so I couldn't wait to be done with it. I know alot of you will see Lush Snow Fairy shower gel and will be thinking where did she get that? Well the answer is my Mom bought a hell of alot during the Christmas sales for me and I decided to bring this mini on holidays. I love the smell of this stuff it's unreal. I wish they stocked it all year round. The last empty from Manchester were a packet of Nivea wipes. Over the past few months I've stayed clear of these and I've definitely noticed the difference in my skin. I just bought a packet for my holidays to take off my heavy makeup but I wouldn't put these anywhere near my eyes anymore. For that I actually picked up a bottle of the Caudalie Cleansing Water in Boots and so far so good I really like it. I'm half way through the bottle already, I fly through this stuff unbelievably fast.

I have four miscellaneous empties this month that don't really fit in anywhere else in this post. I've been flying through anti bacterial hand gels, I always have one in my bag. The two I used up over the last while are Bath & Body Works Lemon Pomegranate and Soap & Glory Hand Maid. I've already repurchased the latter, not only is it my favourite out of the two but it's also way easier to get a hold of. If you don't like the alcohol scent which is a given with hand gels, I'd go for Hand Maid. It has that gorgeous recognisable Soap & Glory scent. I was sorry that I finished my Sephora purse spray this month as again it's almost impossible to get a hold of in Ireland. The pineapple grenadine is amazing and is perfect for Summer. The product size is perfect aswell as it doesn't take up too much space in my makeup bag and it did last for ages. The last of my miscellaneous empties is this super bottle of nail polish remover. I must have this for at least a year now, it took me that long to finish it. I don't know the name of the brand that makes it but from what I can recall I got this in Penneys. It was around €3 so it was definitely worth the money for the amount of time I got out of it.

Have you tried any of the products above? What do you think of empties posts?

Laura<3

10 comments:

  1. Agree the John Freida shampoo is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I've been using their Root Foam aswell and I really like it xxx

      Delete
  2. FREAKY

    The John Frieda shampoo was in my empties of the month too!!

    I love it when I use my babyliss big hair!!(still got nearly a full tub of masque though!! :0 )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get a Babyliss Big Hair, I've heard nothing but good things about it xxx

      Delete
  3. John Frieda is by far my fav hair brand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, along with Philip KIngsley products. I love their Elasticizer:) xxx

      Delete
  4. I adore Soap & Glory body scrubs! My favourite at the minute is The Breakfast Scrub xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They smell so good don't they?? Oh the Breakfast scrub is another one of my favourites too!! I always buy one when I run out it smells amazing!! xxx

      Delete
  5. they look brill love, i like your blog!! following you now! if you get a sec, i'd love to know what you think of my latest post!

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You gave me so many good tips in this post!! You have a new follower in me! Check mine out? http://brightbrightdays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3