Thursday, August 9, 2012

Slimming World Update #4

There will be a slight interuption to my regular beauty posts for me to bring to you my fourth Slimming World Update. I know it's hard to believe I'm onto my fifth month of this amazing program, seriously where has the time gone?! It feels like yesterday when I was writing my last update for you guys. Before I start rambling on about how I got on over the last few weeks, I just want to thank you all. Over my past three Slimming World posts your comments have meant the world to me. Since I started four months ago I've only told a handful of people about this program, so I was a bit hesitant to put it online of all places. After weighing up the pros and cons for what felt like an eternity I finally decided to start doing these updates. From the bottom of my heart I'm so glad I did in the end, for people who don't know me personally you all have been so supportive it's quite overwhelming. At recent events I've been to other beauty bloggers have commented on how well I look and for people who only know me through my blog to say this is so nice.

You'll be probably wondering how I did this month. Well firstly I wouldn't really call it a month as I was away so I only managed to go to three meetings. At the last weigh in before I went on holidays, I lost a half stone which I was in shock about. It's the most I've ever lost in a week since I started the program. To say I was surprised is the understatement of the year as I have no idea how I did it. I was kind of worried before going to Manchester as I wasn't too sure how things would fare over there. In my opinion when you start a weight loss program you get into a routine, you know where to buy your healthy foods and places to eat out in. In Manchester it was totally different as I don't really know the place too well. In the end it couldn't of gone better then it went, there was so shops that stocked bits and pieces I like so it wasn't a big issue. Not going to lie I did have the odd treat here and with my Mom. I wish we had a Spud U Like in Dublin, that place is so good if you ever go get the chicken and baby potato salad it's amazing. In the two weeks since I've got home I've lost a further four and a half pound, eleven and a half pound in total which I'm over the moon about. If someone told me at the beginning of the year that I was going to lose this weight I'd probably of laughed at them. I'm now only a half a pound away from 4st so I should hopefully get my next sticker by Tuesday. Last weekend I raided my wardrobe and cleared out the whole thing, it was crazy looking at the amount of clothes that are too big for me now. I gave them all to charity so hopefully someone out there will be happy with them. During the month I've bought some gorgeous new clothes too, my prized new purchase is my green parka (think Liam Gallagher style) I love it so I've been certainly getting a lot of wear out of it. I'll have to do a fashion style post soon and show you guys. Let me know if it's something you'd like to see.

Until the next update,

Laura<3

8 comments:

  1. You are doing fantastic! It must have been a great feeling clearing out the wardrobe:) I hope you get to the 4st on Tuesday, that is some achievement! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun:) I'm completely over the moon. Oh it was so great clearing the stuff out but I had to do a load of clothes shopping which was pretty expensive. Awww I really hope I do too, thanks so much for the lovely comment xx

      Delete
  2. Wow hun you are doing great!! I've never actually been in Spud U Like I have one close to me and have always wanted to go in but never have lol. I bet it did feel great to get rid of the clothes :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Charlee. Oh it's so yummy you have to take a visit. Oh it was I've bought lots of new clothes now, I may put a fashion style post up soon xx

      Delete
  3. congrats once again! I have a Spud U Like near(ish) to where I live, I'll have to try that salad next time I go :) One thing I look forward to about reching my goal weight is clearing out my wardrobe and going on a giant shopping spree! :D Keep up the good work hun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun:):) Oh I'm planning a giant shopping spree very soon:):) You have to go to Spud U Like it's amazing xx

      Delete
  4. Absolutely amazing hun! I'd love to maybe see a post on your fave slimming world recipes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin:):) Oh that's a freat idea I'll try to get a post up soon xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3