Friday, August 31, 2012

August Empties

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the first of September, I don't know where the year has gone. I'm hopefully starting a college course next month which is super exciting. I've had bad experiences in the past with my courses, they all get cancelled before they even start, what's up with that? It's going to be so weird starting at the same time as my little brother who is like three years younger than me. We are both doing Business related courses just in different colleges so it should be a interesting month ahead for both of us indeed. Another thing I want to do during September is my theory test and finally learn how to drive for once. You guys have to hold me to this one, I always put it off for some ridiculous reason unknown to me. Well enough about what I'm getting up to during the coming month, this post is my August Empties. When I started looking through them I didn't realise that I finished so much. Does that only happen to me?

You may be wondering how I store all my empties without people in my house thinking I'm weird hoarding bottles. I use this bag I got in Forever 21 about a year ago, it was a impulse buy on my half as it's tiny and there's no way I'd use it for anything else. It's cute though and the perfect size to hide away all my empty products. This month I've finished quite a few micellar solutions, they were all a quarter full last month so it was about time I finished them. Some I've loved and others are good but not worth the excessive price tag, you'll see what I mean further down.

First I'm going to start with body products, the odd one of the group is the funny monster head. This is actually a Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitiser, that the lovely Chie sent me last year. It smells amazing like sour apple sweets. I really like it and if we had one of these stores in Ireland I'd certainly pick up some more. I have another Bath and Body Works empty in this post and that's the travel size Pink Chiffon fragrance. Oh my I adore this scent it's like nothing I've ever smelled before. Again it was a gift from Chie for my birthday back in February, I was so disappointed when I was nearly out of it. Luckily Chie offered to pick me up some products in this particular scent. I got the package in the post last week and wow I can't wait to try everything. There will be a post up very soon. I went through two more of my favourite body products during August, Kiehl's    and Soap & Glory's Breakfast Scrub. The latter is amazing and if you haven't smelled it yet, go and do it the next time your in Boots. This is like my fourth tub of this and I can't get enough of it, definitely my favourite scrub out of their range. The label melted away in the shower so that's way your currently looking at a plain white tub, it's not like this in the shops. I've had this small bottle of Creme de Corps Body Moisturiser for a while, it was pretty expensive (€19) and would of been much better value if I had of bought the bigger size. It's a heavy cream which works wonders on dry patches, leaving my skin lovely and soft. I recently bought the Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Whipped Body Butter and I probably will use that up before I buy this. Out of the two I'd probably prefer my newer purchase from the brand  as it smells absolutely amazing, I featured it in my Summer series not too long ago.

Here's two not too exciting empties but I thought I'd include them anyway. On the left we have Garnier's Mineral Anti-Perspirant which I actually really liked, I don't know if it leaves your underarms feeling fresh for 48hrs as I usually use it before then but it's good. I also finished this La Senza Discover Me purse spray, I bought this years ago and it smells really beautiful. We don't have this store in Ireland anymore so I more than likely won't be getting Discover Me again for obvious reasons.

I finished up only one makeup product this month and that's Rimmel's Stay Matte powder. I've been using this so much lately, I even favour it over alot of my high end bits, it's super affordable and gives a nice finish. I actually hit pan on this a week ago and unfortunately I was out at my friend's leaving party last week and it shattered in my bag. I already bought a backup so it's all good. I've had the Kerastase Ciment Thermique for nearly a year and it worked wonders on my hair, it's a heat activated reconstructor and I used it before blow drying. I did notice my hair looking healthier after using this a few times, I'd love to repurchase it but pricewise it's a bit out of my budget at the moment. When I was in Manchester last month I picked up a Philip Kingsley Travel set which included the Elasticizer and Moisture Balancing Shampoo and Conditioner. I thought the set was pricey at £20, but then I seen this size Elasticizer retails for around €18 so I guess I did get it in the end for a decent price. I always fly through shampoos super quick so it was no wonder I finished this so soon. I can't really comment on how I felt about this product as it came in such a small tube. I'd be interested in getting the full sized just to try it out and see.

Last but not least the skincare empties as you can see I've finished quite a few products over the past month. As I said above I've been trying alot of micellar solutions, I chucked out the wipes and gone for these. I forked out the money for This Works Clean Skin 5-in-1 Water and though I was impressed this was certainly not worth €26. I don't think any cleansing water in its right mind would to be honest. There are so many cheaper alternatives out there and yes this is a lovely one but it could do with being that little affordable. Another two micellar solutions which are a bit on the cheaper side of things are the offerings from Caudalie and No7 which I both love. I've already repurchased the Caudalie Cleansing Water, it just takes my makeup off like a dream and it's not too pricey which is a plus. A product that I'm not too fussed about is the No7 Eye Makeup Remover. I use to like it a while back but it leaves my eye lids so greasy which is a nightmare if I want to apply my eyeshadow right away. I'm much prefering Vichy's Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover which I'm nearly all out of, I need to repurchase it tomorrow when I finish work. You'll probably hear about it again in my September Empties next month. Another eye makeup remover I finished this month is from Garnier, I'm a big fan of this one and it removes my eye makeup really well. If I'm running low on funds I usually pop this in my trolley but if I want to treat myself I go for Vichy's offering. I also finished two products from Liz Earle, their Deep Cleansing Mask and Gentle Exfoliator. The latter is a repurchase and even though it's not my favourite exfoliator at the moment, it gets the job done which is all you can really ask for. On the other hand I love their Deep Cleansing Mask, I've had this for ages now as I only use it on my tzone. The product itself contains manuka honey and concentrated clay which removes all nasty impurities and oil in the skin. I can vouch for this working amazingly, I see myself repurchasing it the next time I'm in Wilde & Green, I need to take a visit soon. Lastly one of the products I've been using alot over the Summer months has been refreshing sprays like Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water. These are amazing on those hot stuffy days which if I'm being honest we haven't had enough of in Ireland this Summer. Anywho I always have one of these in my bag just to refresh my skin and my makeup throughout the day. You can get them in large sizes in most stores but I think this particular size is hand bag friendly. They also last ages so there's no need for the full sized unless you want one for the house or office.

What have you finished up this month? Any products I should try?

Laura<3

10 comments:

  1. My Rimmel powder shatters constantly when i put it in my bag:(

    So sorry to hear about ur bad luck when it comes to courses but im a form believer of whats for you wont pass you:)
    Where are you studyin your new businesd course im starting a PR course in two weeks!

    http://lolarose1.blogspot.ie/
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so annoying isn't it? I was putting my makeup on the next morning, reached for it and realised it was broke.

      Oh it's ridiculous I wanted to do a fashion styling course and introduction to makeup course and both got cancelled like less than two days before they started which was a complete and utter joke. I'm still in the process of enrolling, I have two colleges in mind but I don't want to jinx it. I'll definitely put up a post when I know everything. Oh where are you doing your PR course, I'd love to get into that in the furture. I did a internship in Manchester last month and I had such an amazing time, definitely a line of work I'd love to get into in the future. xx

      Delete
  2. wow you have a lot of empties, I never finish anything
    xo

    http://abullettothehead.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realise I even had so many this month, I wasn't going to do a post at one stage xxx

      Delete
  3. Awesome lot of empties, it is great to finish up those things that are almost done, makes more room for other things in your collection :) I find my Rimmel powders always crack towards the end as well, the casing isn't the sturdiest but the product is always nice enough to make it worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma:D I know I love finishing up products, I always make sneaky purchases before I do though which I have to stop doing. I agree the Rimmel packaging isn't the best but, I can't really complain cause I love this powder too much xxx

      Delete
  4. Great empties post! Was cool to see so many micellar products compared.. I've stuck to my trusted Bioderma for years but been keen to try the Caudalie for a while and just might now! So thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun I'm glad you liked the post:) I've yet to try Bioderma myself but it's definitely on my wish list. Oh I love this one from Caudalie I've already purchased my second bottle, they have a really nice travel set for around €15 which includes their cleansing water and a few other bits. If you want to get a feel for their products it's definitely something to look into, I think they have them in Harvey Nichols Dundrum xx

      Delete
  5. You aren't the only one, people think I'm weird keeping empty bottles :P I keep them in a soap & glory gift bag.

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always hide mine like my Mom goes to throw stuff out and I'm always like no!!!! lolxxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3