Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mac Viva Glam Nicki

When I first saw the Viva Glam Nicki lipstick on MAC's website, I wasn't too sure about it. I'm not one for bright and bold shades so I couldn't see this one suiting me at all.  I was even more surprised when at my local MAC counter I ended up leaving with Viva Glam Nicki, which in my opinion was very brave of me. The makeup artist applied it on my lips instore, using Ricky's Lip Conditioner over the lipstick and a pro longwear lip liner (In Anticipation). I ended up buying these products too. All the money from the sales of Viva Glam Nicki & Ricky's Lip Conditioner go to the MAC Aids Fund, it feels good to be giving to charity at the same time.

After spending nearly €50 on these three products, it pains me to say I won't be wearing them that much. At the counter, I thought this was the best lipstick ever and I had to have it, but now I have my doubts. I'm getting use to the bright shade but it's just not a lipstick I can see myself rocking on a daily basis. It's just way too 'out there' for me, maybe I'll change my mind in a while, who knows! On the other hand, I can see myself use Ricky's Lip Conditioner alot. I own their tinted lip conditioner Petting Pink and it's so moisturising. It has a permanent place in my makeup bag. I know some people don't like lip products in pots (I'm not one of them), so I think most people will be happy that this is in a tube.

Here is the lipstick in action...
I don't think my camera really captures how vibrant this lipstick really is.

Have you tried Viva Glam Nicki??


Laura<3

23 comments:

  1. I really need to pick this up asap, it's gorgeous! Not what I was expecting at all :) x

    ug-lily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still a bit undecided on it! It's nice, but very bright!! I don't think it's one for everyday xx

      Delete
  2. It looks great on you, I haven't picked this up yet as I am still not sure. I know I will probably pick it up eventually as I always give into the hype. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!! Even thought I bought it, I'm still a bit unsure of the shade!! I think it's very bright not what I'd usually go for xxx

      Delete
  3. I think it looks pretty on you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This colour is really perfect on you :)
    Such a lovely lipstick!

    Shannen Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Shannen:) I'm undecided on it, probably won't be one I'll use everyday but I'll try to make it work! xx

      Delete
  5. The photos don't really do it justice just how bright it is do they! When I put mine on I was like woaaah. My lips also mute the peachy tones, so it looks pretty highlighter pink on me, definitely one for nights out! It does look lovely on you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic. No the camera doesn't capture it well at all!!! When the girl applied it at the MAC counter, I liked it alot. At home, well it was a totally different story altogether just very unsure about it now. I think it will be one kept for nights out for sure:):) xxx

      Delete
  6. Really like this colour and want to try it now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh definitely let me know what you think of it when you try it xx

      Delete
  7. What a great match that liner is. I love this colour on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going to have to find another lipstick to wear it with! I don't usually wear bright shades so I have like none thats the problem. Oh thanks hun:):) xxx

      Delete
  8. The lipstick is lovely colour on you
    :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks great :) I'm also really intimidated by it, but I love that the money goes to a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that all the proceeds go to charity too:):) Oh I know it's so vibrant, I'm still a bit unsure of it. Not one I'd be wearing everyday for sure:) xxx

      Delete
  10. Love the colour of this on you, perhaps you could try it blotted down a little to mute it if you don't feel you would wear it often as it is?
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria!!:D Oh I may do just that cause I don't want to waste it by not wearing it alot, you know? xxx

      Delete
  11. TheCosmeticBoxes provide top-quality custom lip gloss boxes victoria for your products in Australia. Free design & shipping! Get a free custom quote!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3