Friday, March 30, 2012

March Empties

This is the sixth Empties post I've done since I started doing them last September. I'm surprised that I've used up so much products during the past six months. I enjoy reading other bloggers empties posts as this is a great way to find good products. In my opinion favourites can change all the time, if you finish a product it means you either really loved it or you couldn't wait to get rid of it. I've finished seven products throughout March, I've gone through a mixture this month.

I adore Lush's Snow Fairy and It's Raining Men shower gel and use them all the time. A bit more than a month ago, I went into my local store and wanted to try something different. After my boyfriend and I sniffed all the shower gels, he suggested Happy Hippy as it was in his opinion the nicest one in the shop. I bought the smallest bottle as I am very picky when it comes to shower gels. I loved this so much, it has a gorgeous citrus scent. In the mornings it really wakes me up as it's so fresh. This bottle doesn't last long but would be ideal for travelling.

I repurchase this product all the time, I'm sure you've seen it in alot of my past empties post. It removes my eye makeup brilliantly, I think it's around the €4 mark so not too pricey. I wish this came in a bigger bottle as I fly through it so quickly. I think it's a thousand times better than their 2 in 1 Eye Makeup Remover which I hated and didn't get on with at all. Looking back on my empties post this eye makeup remover has nearly been in them all so I may leave it out of next months one.

I had some trouble with my hair this month. I used a haircare product that made my scalp flare up and it ended up really flaky. I was given this sample of The Body Shop's Ginger Anti Dandruff shampoo and it soothed my scalp and left my hair with no dandruff in sight. I was so impressed by this sample I actually went back and purchased a full sized bottle. I'm going to include this in my March Favourites for sure so if you want to read more about it check back soon.

I have oily skin so needless to say it was a mistake to buy a night cream for Normal/Dry skin. It didn't cause my skin any trouble but it won't be something I will be repurchasing again. This is a part of No7's skincare range that got a revamp so I'm not too sure if this is still available to buy.

I got these makeup wipes in a Christmas set and I've only got around to using them now. Like all Soap & Glory products I love the smell of these. They didn't particularly blow me away to be honest, for the price they wouldn't be something I'd buy anytime soon. These wipes have a shelf life of three months which is a really short amount of time, don't you think? I'll be sticking with my No7 Beautiful Skin wipes.

I'm forever removing my nail polish, sometimes for work or just for a change of colour. I got these Quickies Nail Polish Remover pads in Boots that contains twenty round pads, I'm pretty sure you can get square pads aswell. I went through these pretty quickly as I usually use up to four pads to remove all my nail polish. I'll probably go for the square pads the next time I purchase these as I may not use them up as fast.

I always carry one of these around with me in my bag. They are regularly on promotion in Boots so I purchase a couple at a time. Into Glamour has a nice light scent but both Tease and Goddess are still my favourite Impulse body sprays.

What products have you finished in March? Would you like to see a review on any of the products mentioned?

Laura<3

10 comments:

  1. Tease and Goddess are my favourite impulses too :) Love reading these posts, i'm so nosey haha!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'm the same:):) I know they are definitely the nicest Impulse body sprays. I'm glad you enjoyed the post hun xxxx

      Delete
  2. I like to read these types of posts as well. I started doing them and, I think, it helps me use up products instead of just neglecting them whilst moving on to the next new thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I started doing them, like I would always buy new stuff before I even finished product. I've used up so many products after starting these posts xxx

      Delete
  3. Love these types of posts :) Makes me realise that I have an annoying habit of using 3/4 of most products and then hoarding them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same and then I usually end up throwing them out anyway cause they go funny xxx

      Delete
  4. well done finishing so many! ive done a post on all the stuff i got through as well, march was a good month ha! used to always get quickies in my stocking at christmas, theyre surprisingly good! you do get through them really quickly though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they run out so fast??.. like I really think there a great product but I use up so many pads when I'm removing my nail polish. Wish they came in bigger sizes xxx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Oh glad you like it:) I'm the same I read them all the time xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3