Sunday, March 25, 2012

St Tropez Press Event

On Tuesday I headed along to the St Tropez Press event that was held in the Beauty Bootcamp in town. Another location I got lost on the way to but as always I found it in the end. The event showcased the new St Tropez Dark range aswell as upcoming products launches from Yes To Carrot, OPI and more.

St Tropez Ambassador and Tanning Expert Nichola Joss was on hand to tell us all about their new range of products. She told us how it was going to be all about dark tans this Summer When I first hear the words "dark tan" in the one sentence I automatically think Oompa Loompa. I needn't of worried though when Nichola put some of the St Tropez Wash Off Dark Mousse on my arm it gave such gorgeous glow that looks so natural. The product itself matches to your skin giving you the perfect tan. I can definitely see myself buying this as I love how it's also wash off tan. While I was chatting to Nichola she told me that her favourite product from the range right now is the St Tropez Wash off Dark Mousse, and that applying it with a mitt is essential to getting a perfect even tan.

Yes To Carrot has undergone a bit of a facelift recently, the result is this gorgeous new packaging. I was told that they wanted to try something new as their packaging hadn't changed since the brand first launched five years ago, so it had become a bit dated. My lovely Nanna is a big fan of their range especially their night cream, she swears by it. The latest product to hit the shelves is the Yes To Carrot Intense Softening Body Lotion for Extra Dry Skin. I wouldn't say I have extremely dry skin but I do get patches of psoriasis on my arms and legs now and again. I tried a bit of this on my hand at the event, I was expecting it to be extremely heavy on my skin but it actually melted in really fast leaving my skin lovely and soft.

Finally Nicole By OPI nail polishes are arriving on our shores. I've seen these on a number of American blogs and I was thrilled when they said they were now going to be available to buy here on the island. I can see the Kardashian Kolor Collection being a great hit here. I got my nails done with two polishs from the Justin Bieber Collection. You can check out my NOTD featuring the two polishes here.

Sanctuary is a brand I haven't tried too much products from, I've used there Pore Refining Toner a while back which I got on with very well. They are another brand to launch their own BB cream. I have yet to try one I just haven't got stuck into to the hype surrounding them which is weird cause I usually do with products. I may give the BB offering from Sanctuary a go when it hits shelves as it contains a ingredient silica which absorbs oils. Alot of BB creams I've swatched on my hand looked very greasy but when I swatched this one it had quite a different feel.

Last but not least we were shown a selection of the Just Lashes by Jaa'Mal Buster. I'm not one to wear false lashes myself as I have pretty long eyelashes as it is and I'm honestly hopeless at applying them. If you haven't heard of Jaa'Mal Buster (like I hadn't), he is lash guru to stars including Rihanna and Beyonce, so if there good enough for them there good enough for me. In shops they are €6.95 which isn't bad for these gorgeous lashes. There are five different sets to choose from, the Bold & Beautiful lashes reallly caught my eye, but I don't know if I'd pull them off without looking like a drag queen.

As I was leaving I was given a goodie bag which included these lovely products above. Check back as there will be reviews coming up soon!

Laura<3

6 comments:

  1. So jealous! Looks like a fab event. I absolutely adore St Tropez! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had such a great time!! The new St Tropez products are beautiful:) xx

      Delete
  2. I looove St Tropez! I recently started using it and I am in awe at how great it is! :))Def looks like you had a fun time!
    xo Smitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks hun:) Same, I use their tan now and again (more during the summer) cause I am quite pale otherwise. I really like how St Tropez products give a lovely natural glow xxx

      Delete
  3. What an awesome event!!! And you got an amazing goodie bag! I wish we lived closer because we totally would have been there!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had such a good time!!!:):) Check back as I'll be reviewing the products from the goodie bag once I've used them for a while xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3