Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Take It or Leave It - The Body Shop Chocomania Range

When I first read about The Body Shop's Chocomania range in a magazine, I couldn't wait to go out and buy some products from it. I was pretty surprised when I got everything from the range for my birthday off my Mom. I've come to the conclusion that she heard me talk about the stuff so much she knew  it would make a great present. I've used all these products alot now as I've had them for quite a while. Of course I've liked some things more than others so that's why I've decided to do a Take It or Leave it post. This is basically going to show you what products I think are worth spending your money on, and the others that I think are better to leave.

Take It
This is my favourite product from the entire range as you can see I've used quite a bit. This lotion is light and extremely moisturising which I love. I prefer this over the body butter which I will talk about a bit later. I've been using this alot during the day, it immediately melts into my skin without leaving it greasy/sticky.  During the day, I don't think the scent is that stronge that people may think you smell like a Chocolate muffin or anything.

I love these teeny tiny soap, aren't they so cute? I think the price is quite reasonable, so I definitely will be repurchasing them.The soaps contain little bits of coconut shell (fancy) so they make a great exfoliator too. My skin is left so soft after using these, they do have quite a soapy (less chocolate) scent, but I can get over that cause I love them. As I mentioned, the soaps are small but I found they lasted for a while. 

My last Take It product is the scrub. This is the first product I smelt from the range and I fell in love with it. The scrub has the strongest chocolate scent from the whole range. Let's be honest here, it doesn't look the nicest in the tub but it gets the job done and leaves my skin feeling lovely and smooth.The scrub contains very small granules so I also find it very gentle.

Leave It
This is my least favourite product from the collection. I absolutely love The Body's Shop lip butters in general, there so moisturising (this one is no different). I just don't like the smell or taste of this on my lips it's quite off putting in my opinion. Alot of people I've talked to have liked this lip butter but it's just not for me.

As you can see I've used alot of this shower gel already. It has the same lovely scent as the rest of the Chocomania range. I doubt I'll be repurchasing this again though, when I'm using it in the shower I find it's not easy to dispense at all and comes out bitty. Maybe it's a packaging issue who knows.

I like this product, but if I had to choose between this and the body lotion, I'd get the lotion again. I found this took a while to melt into my skin leaving it feeling rather greasy. I apply this product to my skin before bed as I won't be in a rush waiting for it to dry in. Other than that small issue, I have no other fault with the body butter but taking price into consideration, I'd go for the body lotion hands down.

Would you like to see more Take It or Leave It post?? What's your favourite Chocomania product?

Laura<3

12 comments:

  1. Great post, your mam must listen to you very well:)

    I haven't heard of this range yet! Love all Body Shop products as they're very well made I must have a look out for those cute soaps, would make a lovely pressie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know she's the best!

      The range was launched around Valentines Day, it's still in stores now but it's limited edition I think. Oh they would definitely make a lovely pressie xxx

      Delete
  2. I love this body butter- the only one that I can use after shavingx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it but I only use it at night or if I'm not doing anything. I find that it takes forever to sink into my skin for some reason xxx

      Delete
  3. Great post, really useful! I'm a but unsure about Body Shop body butters, I feel like I'm supposed to like them because they're so moisturising, but I can feel a bit greasy. I may try the lotion instead. How do you think these will fare for slightly sensitive skin? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun:):) Yeah I find they can take forever to sink in so my skin is left so greasy too. The lotion is by far my favourite product. I think the lotion should be fine for slightly sensitive skin but you can never bee too sure so maybe ask for a sample the next time your in The Body Shop xx

      Delete
  4. Those tiny heart soaps look super duper cute! I think they will be going into my next gift hamper! Was lovely meeting you this evening :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice meeting you too love:):) I know aren't they so cute?? They would sure make a lovely gift xx

      Delete
  5. Great blog! I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, that scrub looks like cake batter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3