Saturday, March 24, 2012

Smashbox Exclusive To Arnotts + Haul

After work during the week I sauntered into House of Fraser, I past the Smashbox counter and it was like heaven, lots of products (including palettes) were half price. I was informed that the brand going forward is going to be exclusive to Arnotts. I'm not 100% certain if the counter in House of Fraser is the only one having a sale on products. It's worth having a look in Debenhams and Clerys as there was so much amazing product reductions in Dundrum. In my opinion, Smashbox has always been quite an expensive brand, so I haven't tried too many of their products. I did buy one of their makeup sets when I first started blogging and I loved it.

Of course I couldn't pass up such a good offer so I picked up a few bits.

The first item I spotted was the Smashbox Eye Illusion Quad, basically you can use this alone or on top of eyeshadows to create a different effect. I don't think I'd use these alone but I'll be certainly using them along with a eyeshadow. A few other companies have different versions of this product but I've just never gotten around to trying one. Marked down from €30 to €15, I decided to give this a go, hopefully I like it.

Next up I bought two of their eyeshadows in Cinnamon Toast (love that name) and Envy. Cinnamon Toast is a gorgeous copper brown shade, while the latter is an amazing black shade full of glitter. I don't own many black eyeshadows bar the two in the Naked palettes so I'm glad I bought this. I know this eyeshadow may not be for everybody but I love it. They were such good value at €9 a pop. If you want to see swatches of both these eyeshadow let me know.

I'm a fool for mascaras, so it was no surprise here. Previously I never saw much talk about the Bionic Mascara (€10) online but the reviews I've managed to find seem quite mixed. Some people love it while others dislike it. I'm looking forward to trying it for myself.

Last but not least is Smashbox's Anti Shine (€13) which is actually the first product I spotted. This is a oil absorber which is said to reduce shine. I'm hoping this makes a good base for my foundation.

Have you tried any of these products? Are they good choices?

Laura<3

14 comments:

  1. I love smashbox eyeshadows! The colours look great but I think I fell in love with Cinnamon Toast ;-) I am curious how the mascara works. I've never tried one from smashox. Please let me know Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinnamon Toast is such a nice shade and I love the name too of course:) I like Smashbox eyeshadows in general too, there so pigmented!! Oh I'll do a post on the mascara once I've used it for a while xxx

      Delete
  2. Ooh, looks great, especially the cinnamon toast colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using Cinnamon Toast all over the lid, it looks beautiful:):) xxx

      Delete
  3. Great bargains, ill have a look too thanks for the heads up :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome hun:):) I had no clue that they were exclusive to Arnotts now, was really surprised that loads of stuff was half price xxx

      Delete
  4. I wish I had seen this post earlier! I was in Dundrum today and even sauntered past the Smashbox counter after I had my brows done at benefit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! I was in House Of Fraser and they had a good few things left so it's definitely worth popping back in to look around xxx

      Delete
  5. i love the name 'cinnamon toast' how fun! hopefully we can see how the mascara looks on your lashes, i'm curious xx
    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll put a post up soon once I've used it for a bit:):) xxx

      Delete
  6. Love the look of these, will be in Dundrum on Thursday so must check out what's there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh definitely do hun:) let me know if you get anything xxx

      Delete
  7. So jealous! I'm yet to try any Smashbox cosmetics but I think I might need to now! Great post, love all the pictures xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh glad you liked the post hun:):) I haven't tried too many products from Smashbox either, they are a pretty expensive brand. I'm just lucky I seen them on sale. I shall do a post on the products really soon, so you can see what there like xxxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3