Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Percy & Reed No Fuss Fabulousness Dry Shampoo

Dry Shampoos aren't usually my thing at all. I've used some in the past that I've liked for a while, but they had the most overpowering scents which I can't stand. There were times that I'd spray them in my room and ended up opening the windows as the scents really get to me.  For festivals and camping, I think there great but if I have the time to wash my hair, I would do just that. Every second day I wash my hair, it's rare that it will last until the third day.

Recently I was sent some Percy & Reed products to try, No-Fuss Fabulousness Dry Shampoo (£12/€14.50) was one of them. Firstly this smells really nice, it has a light but fresh scent which is not overpowering at all. I find most of their range smells like this. Their dry shampoo is said to contain a' unique formulation that soaks up excess oil, leaving your hair looking fresh, shiny and shimmering'. I can't say it left my hair shimmering but it certainly felt fresh and looked shiny, I could see my hair lasting an extra day if needs be. When I brushed this out, it didn't leave my dark hair looking at all ashy which seemed to happen alot with prior dry shampoos I've used. This product is also great for adding volume to my hair as mine is always flat once I straighten it. This gives my gruaig a much needed boost. There is one minor problem I have and that's not with the dry shampoo, but with the packaging. When sprayed into my hair, the product itself seems to gather alot around the nozzle which could end up getting clogged. I don't see this being much of an issue though, as it doesn't take away from the product at all.

Percy & Reed have a great Youtube channel, where Paul and Adam create different hair looks using their range of products. I've learned so many tips from watching them. Also in this month's issue of Glamour magazine, there's a Percy & Reed treat included in the magazine. There are four 100ml products to choose from, a Moisturising shampoo, a Moisturising conditioner, a TLC mask or a finishing polish. I have my eye on the Quite Frankly Flawless Finising Polish. If you want to see more products that Percy & Reed have to offer, check out their website.

Will you be trying this dry shampoo? Have you already picked up Glamour magazine? 

Laura<3

4 comments:

  1. Nice post I can't live without dry shampoo!! Haven't tried this one yet am usually a Batiste gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use it too much, only when it's really necessary. I use to like Batiste, but lately the smell has been really putting me off it's too strong! xx

      Delete
  2. I got free mask with my glamour mag, £12 seems quite a lot for a dry shampoo, would you repurchase?

    mybeautymemoirs.blogspot.com

    Check out my blog, subscribing would make my day!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you find the mask?! Yeah I'll be certainly repurchasing it, as I don't use dry shampoo alot, only when I really need to. So I see this lasting a while, I do find also that this doesn't smell as strongly as Batiste sometimes I find their scents too much. xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3