Monday, March 12, 2012

A Shopaholic's Journey #11 - Collective Haul

It been a while since I've done A Shopaholic's Journey post. Not that I haven't been buying anything at all in the past few weeks, the stuff I bought just didn't warrant a big blog post. I received alot of gift cards for my birthday back in mid February and I only got around to spending them now.

In Boots, I picked up one of the Stella McCartney Print Collection Eau de Parfum. I know they've been on the scene for quite a while now, but from what I remember they were quite expensive. When I saw they were on sale for €23 I snapped one up. Out of the three prints to choose from, this was my favourite. While in Boots, I also bought some makeup products. I bought three of the Loreal Caresse Sheer Lipsticks (01, 103, 501). These lipsticks have been mentioned on a few blogs already. I don't think I would of noticed them otherwise, there just pushed in with all the other lipsticks, you wouldn't think there new. As you would guess I got a few No7 Vouchers when I bought this stuff. I tend to only buy their makeup wipes with these, but I heard so much talk about the Vital Enlightening Highlighter powder. I'm glad I picked one up. Isn't it so pretty??

This is probably my biggest splurge, it came to around €75 with a gift card my grandparents gave me. I don't think my Nanna was too happy I bought it, she hates when I straighten my hair. After much thought, I decided on the Maxi Styler from the Gold Series. I have frizzy hair which takes forever too straighten, so I thought this would work best for me. I always straighten my hair before work using the Classic Styler and halfway through the day it's frizzy again so I thought it was time for a change. I shall let you know how I get on with it. While I was in Peter Marks, I saw that there was 20% off Redken promotion. I heard one of my favourite bloggers Essie (Essie Button) talk about their All Soft shampoo and conditioner in one of her videos, so I decided to give it a go. I've used it once so far and I really like it.

Last but not least, I went to House of Fraser and Brown Thomas. At the latter, I bought one of the tendertones from MAC's latest collection, Cook MAC, Tread Gently is the shade I picked up. Tendertones have the nicest fruity scent, I love it. Whilst wandering around House of Fraser, I spotted a Laura Mercier stand which I never saw before. On it was a selection of products from their body and bath range. Among them I spotted this Souffle Body Creme Sampler which was €30. I thought this was great value as you get four generous size tubes. I think there usually only available around Christmas time, as I remember thinking how luxurious they looked when I saw them. So far I've used Creme Brulee and Wow it smells heavenly.

This feels like quite a long post. I doubt I'll be buying any beauty products for a while now, so expect plenty of reviews soon!

Laura<3

20 comments:

  1. Love the Stella McCartney packaging, so pretty :) x

    ug-lily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I seen it in so many favourite videos last year, when I seen it on sale I had to get it:D xxx

      Delete
  2. Great haul, the no7 highlighter is so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so undecided on that highlighter. I'm glad I got it in the end though, I love it xxx

      Delete
  3. WOW great haul,i love the packaging of the perfume so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is certainly perfect for Spring time xx

      Delete
  4. Fab haul. The Laura Mercier souffle creme's look amazing! xx

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so much about the Redken shampoo, would love to hear what you think of it:) Also you got a great deal with the Laura Mercier set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to get a review up soon hun:):) I know I was really surprised they were €30. Aren't they more expensive ususally?? xxx

      Delete
  6. You picked up some awesome things! :)

    I love that tendertone, I bought it last week. The colour is so Unique :)


    Makeup for Biochemists

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that tendertone on so many blogs and I finally caved and bought it!! It definitely is unique, I don't have anything like it in my collection xxx

      Delete
  7. Loving the look of the Laura Mercier Body Cremes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowee what a great haul! I was eyeing up that no7 highlighter this weekend, its sooo pretty! I behaved though lol. I've heard so many good things about the laura mercier body creme - need to get my hands on some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at it a few times and I finally caved and bought it! I had my no7 voucher though and it cost like €10 so it wasn't too bad I guess!! The body cremes are so nice I didn't even know that they were available in my House of Fraser xxx

      Delete
  9. What an amazing haul! I went to Laura Mercier a couple days ago, and had a sniff of all their cremes and sprays, they smell amazing! Putting them on my birthday list for sure. They would make a great mother's day present, might see if I can find the one you bought!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with their body cremes so when I saw the set for €30, I had to buy them! Oh when's your birthday?? You should definitely but them on the list!:D Now that you mentioned it this set would be lovely for Mother's Day, I bought this in House Of Fraser (Dublin) but definitely keep an eye out for it xx

      Delete
  10. Amazing haul. I would buy everything you got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it:D I'll be saving for quite a while now xxxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3