Monday, March 5, 2012

Another Lovely Makeup Swap!

As you can tell from the title (and the big box above), I've taken part in another makeup swap, my first of 2012. This is the third swap I've done with Chie (MakeupLand2011), she's such an incredibly nice person, if you haven't checked out her Youtube beauty channel, you should you'll love it. I requested some of the products as they aren't available in Ireland, while Chie sent me a couple of extras too! I got a bit delayed sending her swap box, some of the stuff I bought broke in transit (I blame the postman!). I hope you get your goodies soon Chie, thanks for all the lovely goodies you got me:)

Lots of Revlon goodies, I haven't gotten around to trying them much yet, as I've been working non stop. I'm using the Revlon Photo Ready Sculpting Blush Palette quite a bit, I love how it's the perfect size for my makeup bag. I've heard so much good reviews on both of these mascaras, I haven't opened them yet but I'll let you know my thoughts when I do.

I've never tried Wet n Wild Megalast Salon Nail Colors. I love both of these polishes. Wet Cement (polish on the right) is a great everyday shade for work. While I Need a Refresh-Mint is perfect for Spring, I'm wearing it on my nails at the moment and I love it! The brush on these polishes are identical to the Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure one. Now on to the much talked about Maybelline Dreamy Bouncy Blushes, these weren't what I was expecting at all. They feel very funny altogether, I don't know what to think of them. There different to any blush I own, I don't think I've found the perfect way to apply them yet.

Having heard so much about Maybelline's Color Tatoo 24hr Eyeshadows, I had such high expectations and they certainly delivered. Chie sent me the shades, Bad to the Bronze and Audacious Asphalt. I've been using Bad to the Bronze everyday, it's such a beautiful shade. I'm going to use Audacious Asphalt the next time I go on a night out, I think it will look really nice. I don't know about their claim to last 24 hours though, I doubt anyone would wear them that long! I know I wouldn't anyway.

I was so excited to get this. I love Taylor Swift, I've seen her in concert twice (Dublin & Manchester) and she's such an amazing singer. When I saw she released a perfume I knew I had to have it, but then I heard it wasn't being launched in Ireland. I'm so happy Chie could get her hands on this for me, it was definitely worth the wait, it smells gorgeous.

Here are the rest of the goodies Chie sent me. Diane von Furstenberg's fragrance smells beautiful and is quite different to any perfume I have in my collection. I couldn't leave out the Disneyland postcard, isn't it so cute?

I can't wait to start using these products a bit more. I'm going to have some reviews up soon. If there is any product in particular you'd like to see a review on let me know!

Laura<3

13 comments:

  1. love those blush colors! pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to apply them now xx

      Delete
  2. Those nail varnishes look lovely! :)
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them!! I'm wearing the turquoise shade right now and it's so beautiful!! I'm going to do a NOTD soon xxx

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to get out to the states next week and pick some of these up, I'll be adding more to my list now after seeing this

    Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh that's so exciting, I'm jealous!! Where in the states are you going?? The Maybelline 24hr eyeshadows and Wet N Wild polishes are great, I haven't tried the rest of the products yet, so I don't have any thoughts on them. I'm going to try to get reviews up when I do xxx

      Delete
  4. This swap looks amazing! It's a pity we can't get most of these products in the UK :(
    The nail polishes are meant to be excellent quality!

    Shannen Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same here in Ireland, we are always last to get everything lol. Oh I love the nail polishes, I'm wearing "I Need a Refresh-Mint" on my nails right now and it's so beautiful on xxx

      Delete
  5. You and Chie always have the best swaps! I can't wait to see what she got from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun:):) I hope Chie gets my package soon, I ordered some stuff online and unfortunately they broke in the post. xxx

      Delete
  6. Oh you are lucky! I am lusting for some wonderstuck and waiting on the Australian release of the Maybelline colour tattoos.

    What's in my purse! http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Chie was so nice to get me all these amaaing products:) Wonderstruck smells lovely, I'm such a big Taylor Swift fan! Oh when are they being released in Australia xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3