Thursday, March 8, 2012

New products from Catrice....

I love Catrice. I know that's a very stronge statement to make but this budget brand is amazing. All the products I've tried bar one or two have been such great quality. Every month they release Limited Edition collections which always get snapped up in my local store. When I went in to have a look at their latest collection, unfortunately it hadn't launched yet. Of course a few new products caught my eye. Everything that I got came to about €16, you can't get any better than that.

Applied Dry
Applied Wet
Vanilla Sky Ride, Lunch at Tiffany's, Charly's Chocolate Factory

Here are Catrice's beautiful Intensif'Eye Wet & Dry shadows. They are completely new to the brand, I bought three that I could see myself using. They remind me alot of MAC's Mineralize eyeshadows, certainly a cheaper alternative that's worth having a look at. As the name says, you can use the eyeshadows wet or dry. So far I've only applied them dry and I love them. As you can see from the swatches, they are very pigmented shadows. I've been using a primer before I apply them as they do tend to crease without one. All three shadows are glittery, so be warned there can be fallout and if you don't like shimmer these probably aren't for you. My favourite shade from the bunch is Lunch at Tiffany's (love the quirky shade names), it's a really nice all over the lid colour.


I've tried two other Catrice mascaras in the past and I wasn't a fan of them. I found the formula too wet and it left my lashes clumpy. This mascara was different. I've long thin lashes and this makes them really thick. Today in work, people were asking me all day if I was wearing false lashes. No, it was this! As you can see this isn't a particularly long brush but it's very large. It's wide at the bottom and narrow at the top (perfect for my tiny inner lashes). When I take the brush out of the tube, I do find it covered in too much product but this is easily removed. Once on the eyes, it didn't flake at all. I took this picture after a full day at work so this mascara holds a curl. I hate getting a mess of mascara under my eyes, especially when I work in retail everyone seems notice. The only thing that I don't particularly like is the smell, it's too strong for my liking. Seriously it reminds me of marzipan (the stuff you put on Christmas cakes), not the nicest smell at all.

What Catrice products have you tried?

Laura<3

15 comments:

  1. your lashes are gorgeous! i'm a little bit jealous right now :)

    thanks for sharing these product reviews. i haven't tried them (i don't think they're available in the states) but they look like great products.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristie!! I'm glad you liked the review:) xx

      Delete
  2. Awesome!

    Looks like some naked palette dupes in there! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the eyeshadows are lovely and for €4, you can't really go wrong xxx

      Delete
  3. I love Catrice products as well :) I have a couple of nail polishes (they always have trendy colours and those cute names!) and a double-sided eyeliner brush. It's the best one for doing winged liner. Last but not least is lipstick from their absolute moisture range (discontinued now, shame!). I own the shade called gentle nude and it's this lovely pinky-purple colour.
    I actually may do a blogpost about their products as I want to start my blog over :)
    Your lashes look amazing girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruda! Oh I've never tried their nail polishes yet. Which ones would you recommend?? xxxx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2nd Try :-) Thanks Laura!!! I've tried the mascara today and I love it! Not the way it smells but the way it works :) It does a really good job!!! I also tried "Lashes to kill" from Catrice and it's not that good .... ;-)

      Delete
    2. Oh glad you liked it!:) I'll stay clear of that one:) xx

      Delete
  5. i love catrice! This mascara looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same their products are great!! I'm not too fond of their mascaras but I really like this one xx

      Delete
  6. just discovered your makeup blog, i love it! please check out mine too when you get a chance :)

    ke
    blissfullyke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice colors

    xx

    skadiida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I want all the products in this post. To bad I can't get them in Canada, but I would love to try them someday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally found great post here.I will get back here. I just added your blog to my bookmark sites. thanks.Quality posts is the crucial to invite the visitors to visit the web page, that's what this web page is providing.

    strawberry mask for face

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3