Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fashionista Custom Palettes

On my trip to Manchester in July, I popped into Superdrug on the look out for some new products. We do have them in Ireland but there is a wider range of products and brands in the UK stores to choose from. I went to a few different Superdrugs while I was there, but I ended up picking up the most stuff in the first one which was their Manchester Picadilly store. The brands I was drawn to the most were Fashionista, Sleek and Look Beauty, their products don't seem to be available in the Dublin store yet. Suprisingly I was quite reserved and I didn't buy as much as I though I would of done. I'm still testing out most of the products so I don't have too much to report back on. One of the products I have been getting quite alot of use out of so far is Fashionista's Custom Design Palette. I've seen alot of great reviews so I couldn't wait to try one myself. I went for two blushes (cinnamon & butterscotch) and two eyeshadows (Nude Glimmer & Brunette Bombshell), all quite neutral shades that I knew I would get alot of use out them. I went for the black palette as it looks super sleek, it is also the perfect size for my makeup bag when I'm on the go. As prices go, this was a bargain at £5 for the palette and £4  for each individual shade. There is a great selection of eyeshadows, blushes, bronzers and highlighters to choose from so you can mix & match to your hearts content. The mirror on the palette is such a good size, not an essential for me but still great to have as you can see from the picture below. I was only unhappy with the eyeshadow Brunette Bombshell, as I find it to be quite chalky which results in a lot of unwanted fallout but once blended it does look alright. Both the blushes I bought are matte and I've been using them a hell of alot, there just so wearable and very pigmented, which for the price is amazing.


I was surprised when I got back to my hotel to find a email from the brand themselves, asking did I want to try some bits from their range. They sent me another custom palette* with a random selection of eyeshadows/blushes along with their new brow kit* (review to come later). I love getting random selections of shades as they may not be ones I'd usually go for but I end up using them alot. I received a blush (London), two bronzer (LA & Rome) and a eyeshadow (Trend-setter). The latter is one of their new baked shadows, the shade isn't one I'd usually go for but you could work into a night time look. The baked blush and bronzer, LA and London are beautifully pigmented, they do have a light shimmer which I love and gives a nice glow to the skin. The matte bronzer, Rome is great on my milk bottle skin so it's definitely not too dark and it's certainly buildable.

I really think a selection of drugstore brands have stepped up their game lately and have brought out great additions to their range of products. Fashionista is no different and I can't wait to try some more bits from the brand.The only problem I have with these palettes is that it's almost impossible to remove the pans once you put them in. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but I don't think its rocket science to remove a pan from a palette, like how hard could it be to take them out.

Have you tried anything from Fashionista? What products have stood out for you?

Laura<3

12 comments:

  1. Ooooh I've never tried anything from Fashionista before, I've seen good things though and now I'm really tempted! Those second lot of eyeshadows you gor sent look amazing!! The blue is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this was my first time trying their palettes and I love them. I'm very tempted to get one with just blushes for travelling xxx

      Delete
  2. they all look so pretty in the packaging and as swatches! I'll have to look out for these:D xx

    http://eabhaelliott.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for the price there great quality and super pigmented too, you should definitely keep an eye out for them xx

      Delete
  3. I love these i have 2 palettes of these i heard now they are doing 6 pan palettes i love the idea of this its like a drug store bobbi brown idea xD

    www.MrAJBx3.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There great aren't they? I was very impressed by their blushes. I'm going to try to pick up some more the next time I'm in Manchester. I'd prefer these to the Bobbi Brown palettes, there way better value xx

      Delete
  4. Great palette!

    http://beauty-fashion-crush.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great quality for the price I love it xxx

      Delete
  5. this was a great review. lovely to read :) i'll have to keep my eyes out for these! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, I'm glad you like it. Oh there well worth having a look at, there amazing and such a bargain too xxx

      Delete
  6. I've tried 4 of their blushes and love them! Butterscotch is a personal favourite of mine for everyday wear :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh what other blushes have you tried? I love Butterscotch, I kinda want to get a palette with just blushes next xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3