Monday, September 10, 2012

Lush Emotional Brilliance

I don't remember the past makeup collection from Lush, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on some bits from the range  latest Emotional Brilliance*. If you have gone into any store recently you would of seen a big colour wheel with a array of different shades. You can get a personalised colour reading with a sales assistant, first you spin the wheel and pick three shades that stand out to you. The first shade symbolises your strength or weakness, the second, your subconscious need and the third, your talent.The colours you choose may be different on certain days depending on the mood your in at that current time.  I really like the concept and I haven't seen anything like it yet. The colour and mood then corresponds with one of the products in the range, there are thirty in total and they are all vegan. Lush also released some supplementary products to complete the new collection which includes a mascara, translucent powder and two skin tints. I was sent a selection of goodies from the range to test out a bit over a month ago, some of the shades wouldn't be the ones I'd choose at first glance but it's not about that range. The range determines the shades by the emotion your feeling at the moment, the ones you should be wearing to fulfil a need. I haven't yet got a  colour reading but I want to pop in to get one soon.

I'm going to start off with my favourite products from the range and there are a few. The cream eyeshadow is one of them, I got sent Sophisticated (to have style) , it's quite a neutral shade that I'd be drawn to on any day. The product itself isn't the most pigmented after blending but I think it would look gorgeous as a base colour along with some other eyeshadows. Before I go on I'll have to mention the Emotional Brilliance packaging, I LOVE IT! It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland with the tiny little labels and it's such a nice touch. A problem people might come across is trying to get the product out when the bottle is coming to a end. I don't see this happening for a long time though as you get a very large amount. At €17.95 these are a little bit on the pricey side, on the same par as MAC so it remains to be seen whether I would repurchase it. I absolutely adore the three new supplementary products in particular the Skin Tints. Both can be mixed with moisturiser or foundation or used aloned to give you a gorgeous glow. Charisma gives you a gorgeous bronzed glow while Feeling Younger works as a light reflector, perfect for under the eyes and a cheekbone highlight. A little bit goes along way with both these products so for €14.95 I can see myself picking up more when I run out. Emotional Brilliance Translucent Powder was always going to be a winner for me. It doesn't make my skin look over powdery and dry looking like some can. I have quite oily skin and I've found it works really well, it's also translucent so I see it suiting all skin tones. I've been using this over my own foundation as I've yet to try the Lush Colour Supplements which I've heard amazing things about. As this is a loose powder I've been putting a tiny bit in the lid and apply it with my Japonesque Travel Luxe Bronzer brush. Being quite a dense brush, it picks up all the product nicely and all I have to do is tap off the access. Now onto the bits that I didn't get on so well with. I know the range is all about the emotion behind the colour but that's the reason why I probably won't use the next two products. The quality especially that of the lipstick (Passionate-feel strongly) is great as it's longwearing which everyone wants. The eyeliner (Fantasy- you're allowed) is beautiful also but wouldn't be something I'd wear everyday because of the shade maybe on the odd night out but that's about it. I have mixed opinions on the Eyes Right mascara, I like how it only contains one perservative while many brands on the market have 4-6. Wheatgrass is also one of the key ingredients which conditions and nourishes the lashes, exactly what my lashes need at present. The only problem for me is the brush, it's so small. It gives you a natural look but I like when my lashes look bold. I've been using this on my bottom lashes and it looks really well so there's something that you can use it for. All in all I was super impressed with the supplementary products and I can see them being really popular it's all to do with preference at the end of the day.

Here's a quick FOTD with all the products mentioned above in action.

Have you tried anything from the Lush Emotional Brilliance range?

Laura<3

8 comments:

  1. The Lush make up looks lovely on you. :) I tried the foundation, however it's a little too dark for me, but it covered everything, and best of all it's all natrual ingredients. :)

    God, I adore Lush! I can't wait to try more of their make up line. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda:) Oh I'd definitely recommend both their new colour supplements, I love them both xxx

      Delete
  2. I love their powder, it's really beautiful on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and you get so much of it which is a definite plus in my book xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the lipstick! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous lipstick, maybe not the colour for me but it does stay on for ages xx

      Delete
  4. I've tried eyes right mascara and calm liquid eyeliner. I LOVE the eyeliner! Its so pigmented but It's hard to love the mascara with the size of the wand. I've been using disposables to apply it and its working a charm! Great post :)

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, glad you liked it. Oh I may try a disposable wand with the mascara too, that's a great idea:) xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3