Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Storage Bits

I'm in the process of tidying my room again. I probably chose the worst time to it as the sun is shining out which doesn't happen enough. I don't know how my room gets so untidy, I clean it and then less than two weeks later it's a total mess. How does that even make sense? I do have a lot of storage but I've come to the conclusion that I just have too much stuff. A big clean out is certainly in order.

I picked up two storage bits when I visited Moss Cottage recently. I love this shop and if you live near Dundrum you have to visit it. I did a post a while ago on products I bought there, you can have a look here. The stock available is beautiful and if you like vintage stuff you'll definitely love this place. Both items I got wouldn't be regularly classed as makeup storage but I think they work really well. I fell in love with the tiny vintage chest when I first spotted it. I decided then and there that I couldn't leave the shop without it. Jenni told me she picked a few bits up in France and this was one of them. I like everything about it especially the floral artwork. It was pricey at €14.95 but I'm in love with it so it was worth every penny. I haven't decided what to use this for, I'm thinking nail polish but I may change my mind. Next up I have my Beauty Bits and Bobs jar were I'm storing the products I want to use more. Basically the ones I feel like I've neglected or haven't given enough love to in the last while. Being a airtight jar, I don't close it as I'm sure that's bad and will make the products go funny. As you can see there are quite a few in there, so you may see them in a empties post soon. In Moss Cottage there was a selection of jars like this one in all different sizes. I got the largest one available and it cost €4.95, which I thought was such a bargain. I love how there's a little label included that you can write on, it's such a nice touch. I'm planning on going back and buying a few more.

Do you have any storage ideas or tips you'd like to share?

Laura<3

14 comments:

  1. the vintage chest is loovely such a cute idea! makes me want to get a bit organised myself ! :)

    beckybeee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so unorganised it's nt even funny. I love the chest, the minute I seen it I fell in love xx

      Delete
  2. Pretty storage solutions :) I need to organise my make up better! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun:) Me too!! I'm in the middle of organising it all, hopefully I get it done soon xxx

      Delete
  3. Aww this is so cute - great little storage pieces.

    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute storage bits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice storage picks! The little chest looks so cute :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the chest, it caught my eye when I walked into the shop xxx

      Delete
  6. aw what a cute idea! I really need to update my makeup storage x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the process of updating mine so I'll have another post up very soon!! xx

      Delete
  7. LOVE the jar idea! it's soooo cute!

    xxx

    http://www.unnakednails.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love it, was such a bargain too xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3