Friday, April 29, 2011

Sarah Burton Of Alexander McQueen designs Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress

After months of speculation Kate Middleton's wedding dress has been revealed. The 29 year old's dress was designed by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen. The dress which was made ivory/white satin gazar had a lace bodice and sleeves. The creation was finished off with a tiara and a elegant train. The dress was designed to resemble an open flower.

I think the vintage style dress with modern elements was beautiful and simple but so very elegant. Her tiara was Cartier and was personally lent to her by the Queen for the occasion.


Her bridesmaid on the day her sister,Pippa Middleton also wore a McQueen gown. Kate's dress is already being compared to Princess Grace of Monaco's iconic dress as it has a similar design.



Kate's evening gown was also created by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen. The second outfit for the day was a strapless white satin gazar gown which had diamante embroidered detail on the waist. She opted to cover the dress with a white angora bolero

All in all, I think Kate's dress choices were amazing and well worth the wait.

Laura<3

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing pictures from this wedding. She is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3