Monday, July 1, 2013

June Empties

 I haven't done an empties post in quite a while. I should really be calling this post, April/May/June Empties, the reason for me not doing one of these posts is simply because I didn't have any finished products to show you guys.Even though this is three months worth of empties there's not too much here. It has been taking me ages to use up bits and bobs lately, I really need to put the pedal to the metal and start using more beauty products. I may start doing some Shopping the Stash style posts as I definitely have some products that are being unloved. Sure July is upon us now, hopefully it's a turning of a new leaf and I'll have another empties post next month too.
I'm going to start off with my makeup empties which mostly consists of Rimmel products. The favourites from the brand for me has to be their Wake Me Up Concealer and Stay Matte powder. I've gone through so many of these product, unfortunately this Stay Matte Powder actually smashed whilst it was in my bad. I wasn't too disappointed as it was nearly all used up anyway. I get the shade 001 Transparent which I'm sure will match any skin tone. This is such a brilliant all over powder for the price, I always throw it in my bag for a night out as I know it will be easily replaced if I mislay it. I get about a month or so out of one of these powders, I tend to stock up on them when Boots have their famous 3`for 2 promotion on. I can't stand the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (the lightest shade was way too dark for me) so I was really surprised to find that I liked the concealer. I mainly use this under the eyes to cover up pesky dark circles and they work really nice. I do tend to set them with a bit of powder too so it sticks around til the end of the day. I definitely prefer this concealer over the much talked about Collection offering. I hate to say it but I have a couple of fine lines under my eyes and I feel that the Collection concealer enhances them resulting in them looking way more noticeable. Not a look I want to go for. A new foundation I tried from the brand was their Match Perfection foundation. Having tried their Wake Me Up foundation I wasn't expecting too much from this one but I actually love it. I got the shade Ivory which for me was a little too dark. I did repurchase it in the shade Light Porcelain which is a tad bit too light for me so I think I may just stick with Ivory next time and possibly use a bit of tan. This foundation contains an SPF18, I apply it using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and it just gives a lovely light flawless finish. Lastly I have a mascara, it takes me so long to finish these! My friend Sinead picked this up for me when she was in Florida earlier this year. The Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara does exactly what it says on the tin. It gives  volume without the clumps, so you can apply as many coats as you want without leaving your eyes looking like a hot mess. I'm not going to go too much into this product as we can't get the brand here in Ireland. Word on the street is that Max Factor's Clump Defy mascara is the exact same as this. I haven't tried the Max Factor but after seeing it in store the brush is the exact same so I'm guessing they do the same job. The Max Factor alternative is a lot more expensive than this one from Covergirl just bare that in mind if you decide to purchase it.
As you can see above I've used up quite a deodorants, I always carry around one in my bag with. These are the new compressed bottles that have hit the shelves, apparently their fazing out all the larger bottles in the the coming months. I for one think it's a great idea as it's way better for the environment. They do state on the cans that one of these has the same amount of product as the old school big cans. I'm not a 100% sure myself as I haven't done a whole lot of research behind but I take their word for it. I do really like the new packaging, it's great for throwing in my bag as it doesn't take up a vast amount of space like the old ones did. My favourite scent out of those pictured above is the Sure Women Bright Fragrance. I've used this particular one for ages and I always come back to it, I just love the scent.
Lastly I have my skincare empties which consists of two micellar solutions and two moisturisers. I've been a big fan of Liz Earle for a while now, I adore their Skin Repair Light Moisturiser. When my Mom went away last year she brought me back a Liz Earle Travel Kit that she got on the plane. The moisturiser isn't the one that I'd usually use from the brand so I've been using it before I go to bed. I did enjoy using it but I probably wouldn't repurchase it. However I probably will be taking a trip to Wilde & Green soon to pick up a new Skin Repair Light moisturiser. My other moisturiser empty is from La Roche Posay, another skincare brand that I'm very fond of. I really like this moisturiser as it mattifies the skin, leaving the perfect base for makeup application. My brother also uses this moisturiser aswell, he's a big fan! Two Micellar solutions I've used up out these two offerings from No7 and Loreal Paris. Having given up using wipes in favour of these I can see such a big difference in my skin. Both of these products are available in Boots and remove all my makeup effortlessly. I would repurchase both of them again, I've actually already bought a new No7 Cleansing Water. It is expensive but I usually buy a couple when Boots bring out the No7 vouchers, that reminds me I really want to try their new mascara. It sounds really good and sure I can never have too many mascaras.

Do you enjoy reading empties posts? Have you used any of the products I featured?

Laura<3

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't a fan of the collection concealer either.. far too heavy and it just caked up on the creases under my eyes! Really want to try a micellar solution for taking off my make-up! What one would you recommend the most?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great empties, I really wanna try that powder! Might pick one up when I'm in Boots next xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try my CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara. My mom went to Florida two weeks ago and it was one of the products I asked her to buy for me. It sounds great. Nothing worse than clumps on the lashes :) I really need to try the L'Oreal Micellar Water. So many good reviews about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the compressed deodorants, they're so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just brought stay matte recently loving it! I love the compressed deo's but i'm not convinced they last as long! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3