Sunday, March 17, 2013

My St Patrick's Day Makeup Look

Happy Paddy's Day everyone!
I didn't do anything too exciting today, I watched a bit of the parade on the TV but for the majority I was pretty busy getting my second last assignment done. This is probably the one I'm most nervous about as I have to give a presentation to the rest of my class. I know I'll be fine but I just find getting up in front of my peers so nerve wrecking. I speak to them all the time in college, I could literally talk for Ireland. Like a lot of people when it comes to doing a formal presentation, the chattiness goes out the window and I freeze completely. I don't have to get my part of the assignment in for another week so I'm pretty confident that I'll get it done during the week. To take a break from my college work I did head out last night to celebrate St Patrick's Day. I'm in work tomorrow so there was no way I was heading out on the town tonight. I had such a lovely night, it was nice to catch up with the girls as well as getting our dance on. I don't own any green clothes so I threw on some green eyeshadow to make up for it. I used the duo eyeshadow called Jealous from Urban Decay's Theodora palette. I love this palette, it contains such lovely shades that I do find I use way more than the Glinda palette. I also used the shade Loaded, again another Urban Decay shadow this time from their Smoked palette. I love this brands palettes so much, I'm always super pleased with the quality. There can be a little fall out but the shade selections in the palettes I've picked up in the past have never let me down. On my lashes I'm using a old favourite of mine, Volume Effet Faux Cils mascara. This makes me look like I have fake eyelashes on, it's kinda helps that I have pretty long eyelashes already though. I love the packaging on this gem, it's so luxurious. The only thing I don't like is the price and the fact that it dries up in the tube pretty quickly. I actually picked this mascara up as a part of a set (includes Touche Eclat & an Eye Makeup Remover) in Duty Free so I always pick one of them up when I'm off on holidays. I can remember it being really good value for the two products.
On my face I used Revlon's new foundation Nearly Naked, another favourite of mine this gives a light coverage and evens out my skintone giving a nice natural finish. The shade is a bit tad bit too dark for me but I haven't been able to find the shade Vanilla anywhere, the search will continue. All in all I think I kept this look pretty simple bar the dark green smokey eye. I hope you guys like it, I'll definitely do more posts like this in the future.

What did you guys get up to for St Paddy's Day? I'd love to hear how you celebrate it in your town!

Laura<3

9 comments:

  1. i am staying at home for st. paddy's day! lol. so exciting, right?!?! im glad that you had a lovely time out with the girls! nice e/s! its suits you very well. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun:) I had such a good Paddy's Day:) I love the green eyeshadows too, they're from the Theodora palette xx

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous love your make up! I thought you had fake lashes on that mascara seems amazing! xo

    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ellie May. I really like this mascara I just wish it wasn't so pricey. xx

      Delete
  3. I also did a St. Patrick's day makeup look on my blog. I used a cool lip tattoo with shamrocks on it. here's the tutorial and pictures: http://superbeautyguru.com/st-patricks-day-makeup-with-lip-tattoo/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh this is so pretty :) I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Kate:) Thanks for your comment xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3