Monday, October 24, 2011

A Shopaholic's Journey #8- Lush Haul

As you know from my previous posts, I absolutely adore Lush. I like how there is such a relaxed vibe in their stores and how their staff are always super friendly. I was pretty excited to see they had their Christmas products already in store the last time I went. There is a mix of old and new products this year, it was quite nice to see some of the old festive favourites back.

Snow Globe and Angel's Delight Soap
Having bought these soaps last year, I was happy to see they were back again. Snow Globe is a favourite of mine. My mom brought it back as a gift from her Christmas trip to New York. Of course I immediately fell in love with it. Smells alot like Sexy Peel from the permanent soap range. Angel's Delight is another addition that I liked last year. It smells fruity and looks very girly. Bits of gold, silver and iridescent glitter gives it an extra festive feel.

Pow Wow Lip Scrub and Celebrate Lip Tint
Above are two new Christmas lip products I couldn't wait to try. Having loved the Bubblegum Lip Scrub, I decided to give Pow Wow a go. At first, I was put off with the green colour of this product. Yet, I'm glad I purchased this lip scrub as I love it. Still I'm not a hundred percent keen on the Celebrate lip tint. When I opened the tin at first, all I could see was little gold specks all over the surface. After further investigation, I found this was supposed to give the effect of champagne and is infact edible gold lustre and more popping candy. This stuff made the lip tint look messy. After scratching the popping candy off I loved the lip tint. It leaves my lips a gorgeous shade of light pink.

Seasons Greetings Gift Set
I like Lush gift sets as they have a variety of different products that I wouldn't  normally use. I picked up this one because it was one of few to contain all shower products. I may do a individual post for this to give you a better idea of what you get inside.

Australian Igloo Scrub
As you can see I used a picture from Lush's website...you may be thinking why?! The reason is that being the complete idiot that I am, I left this near my radiator and it broke everywhere. I still used Australian Igloo in the shower and I really liked it. Inside the scrub is a blue colour which is coconut oil, it left my skin moisturised and feeling smooth. This is a product I'd recommend trying if you already like Lush sugar scrubs. Just don't leave it beside the radiator like I did.

Lustre Body Powder
Lustre is one of the new offerings from Lush's permanent range. One of sixteen new products, this in particular caught my eye. To be honest it was a bit of a nonsense buy on my part as I don't think this is something I'd use. Lustre leaves a nice gold shimmer on the skin which isn't too much, this would be great for night outs and for Halloween to make you dazzle. I'm going to give this bottle to my sister as she loves stuff like this. Hopefully she likes Lustre as much as I did.

What do you think of the new offerings from Lush?? Does anything catch your eye??


Laura<3

2 comments:

  1. I am making a special trip tomorrow to do my very first Lush Haul!Can you use the soaps in the bath or do you get that yucky soap ring?

    Love your blog

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the lip scrub! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3