Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Maybelline Volum' Express Big Eyes Mascara

When I first saw this mascara being launched Stateside I couldn't wait to see it hit our shores. On a trip to Boots in early February while I was having a browse on my lunch from work I spotted this beaut on the stand. I'm so glad it has finally been released over here as it is quickly becoming my favourite mascara.
Why do I think this mascara is amazeballs? It contains not one but two brushes one for my upper and one for my lower lashes. I'm not one for lashing mascara on my lower lashes as I think it can sometimes be a little OTT unless I'm heading out on the town, that's another story completely. The mini mascara brush reminds me so much of Clinique's Bottom Lash mascara, it just looks really natural and is perfect for everyday. I'm lucky to have pretty long eyelashes but they are ridiculously straight, oh to have everything. After curling my lashes, I apply to coats of Big Eyes mascara and not only does it give that extra oomph of volume my lashes need but it also holds a curl for pretty much the whole day. I couldn't really ask for anything more from this mascara. The last Maybelline mascara I was really impressed with was their Mega Plush mascara, this one definitely knocks it out of the park. Big Eyes is also really easy to remove I've been using Garnier's new Micellar Cleansing Water which I can't rave about enough, literally soak two cotton pads with the stuff and voila the mascara is on. No panda eyes in sight!
In all my recent Instagram selfies (let's not lie we're all guilty of them!), I've been using this mascara. It's definitely my most reached for mascara at present. I love how you can need a couple of strokes and your ready to go for the day. I don't see this being hit off its perch for a while. I'd definitely recommend checking it out the next time you take a much needed shopping trip to Boots. They are also running their 3 for 2 on beauty products at the moment so there's no excuse not to pick up this gem.

Have you tried Maybelline's new offering? What do you think?


Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3