Tuesday, June 12, 2012

MUA Lip Booms

Lip Booms are the result of a collaboration with MUA and X Factor winner Alexandra Burke. When I first heard about these I was really intrigued to see what they were like. Sometimes these sort of products can be hyped up so I wanted to test them out for a while before I reviewed them. I'm hear to tell you these impressed me a great deal. As you can see from the pictures coming up these are double ended products, lipstick on one side and gloss on the other. They are great to have in my handbag or for travelling as they create such a nice look. I got pretty excited when I seen these in the post and started opening them like a mad woman, when the coloured top came off. I thought I was after breaking the tube but surprisingly it was actually another mini solid lipstick. The range consists of eight lovely shades which I think is great as it means there'll be something to suit everyone. I love how the packaging shows how the lipsticks look on Alexandra Burke, it's a nice touch. I got the chance to try Cheeky! (pale pink), Doin Good (coral) and It's A Situation (plum). I've been using all three for a while now and my favourite has to Doin Good. It's such a gorgeous everyday shade which I could see myself rocking alot over the Summer. I do have quite dry lips generally and as this is a matte lipstick so I do find the need to use lip balm before I apply it. When applied they have such good staying power and I wouldn't feel the need to reapply more product regularly.

The highlighting gloss can be worn on it's own but personally I prefer to wear it over the lipsticks. The reason being is that it contains large chunks of glitter and alone without the lippy underneath doesn't look to well on me. The highlighting gloss has a gorgeous sweet scent which reminds me of honeycomb ice cream (yum!). I could happily sit here and smell it as I write this post. I only have one fault to mention about this product, I used it on a recent night out and I got so many compliments. When I got home I was taking it off, and I ended up with glitter around my lips and on my chin which isn't a look I usually go for. For me, this is only a small issue with the product, it wouldn't stop me buying more of these in the future. For the price (£3), I think these are amazing and worth every penny. I think if you were going on holidays over the Summer and wanted some alternative lipsticks to the ones you already own, I'd definitely recommend them.

Here's two photos of me wearing my favourite shade Doin Good. The top picture is of the lipstick alone and the bottom is with the gloss. I think they do make a lovely combination if I do say so myself. The bottom picture turned out a tad blurry on my computer and I have no idea why.


Have you tried MUA's Lip Booms? What's your favourite shade??

Laura<3


12 comments:

  1. Oh I haven't tried these, they look gorgeous!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have a look next time your in Superdrug:) I love them xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen them yet in superdrug but the colours look so nice and for £3 thats great value for money
    brilliant review, the colours look amazing on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jenny:):) I know for £3, you can't go wrong xxx

      Delete
  3. I love the baby pink one, gorgeous! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaby:) I know it's such a pretty shade, my favourite is the coral Doin Good xx

      Delete
  4. I've not tried a lip boom but they seem really interesting and the colours you picked are really pretty! I would wear the gloss over the lipstick rather than on its own, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I feel they look so much nice over the lipstick compared to own their own. You should definitely try them the next time your in Superdrug xxx

      Delete
  5. i havent tried these yet my superdrug dont do them but hopefully will buy some soon they look really good xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the price I think there really good!!! xxx

      Delete
  6. I really need to try these! I thought they looked just ok, but after reading this I'm really keen to try them out :) Doin good looks right up my street. x

    p.s I love your hair flower too, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh let me know if you do try them:). I may pick some more up when I'm in Manchester next month! Doin Good is my favourite shade I love it!

      Awww thanks hun, I got it in Accessorize a while ago. I have so many flower hair clips it's ridiculous xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3