Monday, August 11, 2014

Brand Love: Alex and Ani

The last few months have been pretty hard for me. In June I lost a family member who was really close to my heart. I know alot of people out there find it difficult to remain positive, I can definitely put my two hands up to that. I have such an amazing support around me who have stuck with me through the good and bad times. It's been a struggle at times but now I know there's definitely a light at the end of the tunnel.

My good friend from college, Serena introduced me to the Alex and Ani range in May and I've become a huge fan of their pieces. Serena actually has a blog to you can check it out here. All their pieces are blessed in America when they are made. The brands ethos is to live consciously whilst turning a lifestyle brand into away of life. I'm all for positive energy at the moment and I really like the idea behind this brand. I've already bought quite a few of their bangles as you can see from the picture above. They come packaged in beautiful sleek black boxes which I store them in at night. There's a different meaning behind each symbol which I myself really like the idea of.

The five symbols I have are as follows

Starfish = Vigilance. Intuition. Ability
The star of the sea symbolises guidance, intuition and vigilance. It's said that when you were this you're given guided direction and a sense of potential. I bought this cause I love the sea and swimming, so when I look at this bangle it reminds me of that. Aquarians are known as water carriers so it definitely is appropriate that I love water!!

Birthstone
My birthday is the 15th of February, I know I was a couple of hours short of being a Valentine's Day baby. My favourite colour is purple so it was pretty apt that my birthstone is amethyst, which is a mixture of violet and red. The stone itself represents courage and inner strength, seems just about right.

Everything Happens For a Reason
This is obviously self explanatory in itself. I do believe everything happens for a reason in life but I know aswell that sometimes things happen in life that we can't control even if we'd like to. Sure if you get thrown a hard ball you have to hit it out of the park. There's so many exciting things in store in life and the future is always brighter than what it may seem at times.

Tree of Life
The Tree of Life represents strong roots, consistent growth and fruition. It also acknowledges the strong bond between mankind and mother earth. I really enjoy being out and about, I'm not one for staying in and moping around so I fell in love with this the minute I saw.

Seven Swords = Love.Radiance.Strength
The seven swords represent the seven archangels, when you wear it your meant to find a inner love for yourself.

I have a feeling my obsession with this brand may continue for a while. I've already seen their Disney collection online and I have a couple of pieces I want to get. Pity the postage is extortionate, $60 to Ireland if you were wondering. The bangles differ in price, the ones I bought myself range from €26 to around the €35 mark.

Have you become obsessed with Alex and Ani like me? If so let me know what pieces you've acquired? 

Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3